The bots poker rooms are a big problem?

R

raimundox44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was researching new rooms to play and came across one thing: Practically all the rooms (except PS and 888poker) are infested with bots!This really is a big problem? Would not it be easier to play against a bot than against a human? What are the most infested rooms?:puke:

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course, this is a problem. But to prove that you are playing against a bot is difficult. I hope that the rooms will fight them.

R

raimundox44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But the bots are more present in MTTs or cash game games?

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is news, for me, if this is true, it is a problem, because the bots, create patterns according to your opponent .. he is a machine developed and information feed constantly, the level is very high of his game .. this will end the poker room. I hope this is not true.

S

shaleta

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
They are huge problem. Big poker sites need to deal with them as soon as possible. They are huge threat to us, regular players.

R

raimundox44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure if they are good players, but I think not, for one reason: They are more common in micro stakes, if they were good, they would play higher levels.

O

oldolm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think bots are created by sites and they are making money from players, you can watch document at YT where bots playing against PROS and every pro loose...

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem of course for poker, I've heard that PS and 888 ban bots

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
one can only hope that the pokerrooms remove bots as soon as they are discovered.

But when it comes to money, there will always be criminal energy and ways of people.

There is only one solution, you must play better then every poker-bot. :)

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gloabal poker has a popup after you have been playing an hour saying how much you won/loss and if you want to continue playing, I'm not sure if that's to prevent bots, or if that even works,
but that's what I experienced when I was playing over the weekend

King Cadmus

King Cadmus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plug-and-play bots run on unique programs called "profiles" which are script coded and set in stone. They do not learn from opponents or have artificial intelligence like Deep Stack or the "bots that beat the pros" do. What the current online poker bots do is determined by pot/card/position/stack sizes. Their advantage is never tiring, multitabling, and not going on tilt. Their job is to just break even vs players - their profit comes from rakeback (mostly) and clearing bonuses.

Some of the newer bot profiles can read opponents based on PT4 stats but that's only useful really in headsup and after some hands. Botters mostly use PT4 stats just to avoid setting their bot at tables with sharks. They use an automation tool called a hopper to do table selection for them.

A lot of bots sit at headsup tables. I would avoid playing these ones. A bot is much stronger in headsup (even the creators of Deep Stack said it would not do as well in 6-9). I lost $50 trying beat one at 25NL once. Sometimes the owner will take control of it when you shove thinking you will take advantage of the bot's script to force a fold to a bluff. Then you get a surprise. Many times they are letting their bot run on a side monitor on a virtual machine and they step in on big pots or when they get premium hands. Otherwise they just let it run auto-pilot, and half the time might just be AFK entirely.

(speaking for just Hold'em)
about 90% of bots play NL1-25
about 9% play NL 50
1-% at NL100+

Last edited:
G

georgall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can I find a bot? And what about players who using some programs like a HM2, they know all about you game. :confused:

rikoberto

rikoberto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can I find a bot? And what about players who using some programs like a HM2, they know all about you game. :confused:

I cant answer at your first question as i dont have big experience facing bots(i think i had face few at HU Sngs even not 100% sure) but i will answer you about programms like HM2 or PokerTracker4..So,No..they dont know all about your game of course..Just they can see some stats based on your game..For example,how often you get in a hand,open/raise by position,fold to 3bets and many other stats..Yes,a good player of poker and good user of that programm can have a relative advantage exploiting your leaks in game(For example if you fold too much from BB he can see it as stat and use a steal strategy) but this doesnt mean that whoever uses these trackers can crush their opponents..Its just a good helper for some decisions and mostly works for big sample of hands versus a villain..Sometimes having a tracker works vice versa..You can make a totally wrong decision just because you based on small sample of hands you have against a specific opponent..So dont panic if you dont have that programm :)..Of course its usefull to have a programm like that but most usefull by far is poker skill and working on your game :)

MadMurkin

MadMurkin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just buy a bot online and use on ACR, they encourage the use of them as they have their own running around anyways collecting money. Either that or stick to a fully regulated site like pokerstars. They answer to authorities, ACR could close tomorrow and you lose the lot.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
HU sng

now I am afraid to play small stakes head up sit ang goes !