Bots

Paribetwins

Paribetwins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UZ
Chips
Does anyone know if bots exist in online rooms? Or is it just a myth...

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello
I think it's like the story about computer viruses.
Even if they exist, there probably aren't many of them at the micros. Here there are much more live players and it is more difficult to program a bot for a short-term big profit.
I could be wrong, but when I play at my micro limit, I don't think about bots.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Bots are the main threat to online poker. Such a statement 20 years ago caused only laughter, it looked too implausible. After 10 years, the spread of bots seemed to be a matter of time. There have already been isolated cases of their use. In 2022, no one doubts either the existence of bots or their large number at the poker table. Now the fight against fraudsters armed with artificial intelligence has become a daily routine and an important goal of poker rooms. If the bots win, then online poker will collapse.Sometimes bots are confused with another way of cheating online - hints. The use of poker hints is also prohibited by the rules of poker rooms, but still a hint and a bot are not the same thing. If the bot is completely independent and makes decisions automatically, then playing with a hint without a human is impossible. Its essence is a quick assessment of the situation at the table and the calculation of the optimal action that the player himself is already performing.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello
I think it's like the story about computer viruses.
Even if they exist, there probably aren't many of them at the micros. Here there are much more live players and it is more difficult to program a bot for a short-term big profit.
I could be wrong, but when I play at my micro limit, I don't think about bots.
This is definitely not a myth, but the likelihood of this in large rooms is lower than in little known ones.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BOTS ?? At the lower levels that I play I am sure there would be no point in BOTS....imagine investing time and money to create a device that may win you $12.....

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes there are bots but when they are caught, some sooner than others, there account will be deleted and funds confiscated.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think so. Because they claim to be fighting bots. But sometimes it feels like they're still there.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Bots are the main threat to online poker. Such a statement 20 years ago caused only laughter, it looked too implausible. After 10 years, the spread of bots seemed to be a matter of time. There have already been isolated cases of their use. In 2022, no one doubts either the existence of bots or their large number at the poker table. Now the fight against fraudsters armed with artificial intelligence has become a daily routine and an important goal of poker rooms. If the bots win, then online poker will collapse.Sometimes bots are confused with another way of cheating online - hints. The use of poker hints is also prohibited by the rules of poker rooms, but still a hint and a bot are not the same thing. If the bot is completely independent and makes decisions automatically, then playing with a hint without a human is impossible. Its essence is a quick assessment of the situation at the table and the calculation of the optimal action that the player himself is already performing.
Everything you say is right but first a bot needs to be implented ..and as far as I know the only way to do so is to hack in the server of a pokerroom and give yourself Admin rights..
That may work for smaller sites but big Pokersites invest good money in cyber protection. e.g pokerstars.

I dare say 99% of the times the thought of a bot comes to mind, is in reality just a normal bad beat

Aleksandr1991

Aleksandr1991

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
in my opinion, they are, because it is not reasonable to go for everything with 23

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course, this myth is told by players who lose a lot and do not learn to play and learn poker, so I think bots win them, but still, the theory about bots is very relevant nowadays, as many people talk about this, I'm afraid these bots will definitely be in the near future:)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only play on trusted and safe sites. So regardless of whether bots exist or not, if my bankroll is growing, it means I'm moving in the right direction :)

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Of course, this myth is told by players who lose a lot and do not learn to play and learn poker, so I think bots win them, but still, the theory about bots is very relevant nowadays, as many people talk about this, I'm afraid these bots will definitely be in the near future:)
Bots are everywhere in social media.
The only reason why there's a rare case of bots on pokersite is that any serious pokersite invests heavily in cyber security

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Does anyone know if bots exist in online rooms? Or is it just a myth...
Yes, in ggpoker for example have a lot. The VPN still working in the site, and this help for this continue

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Bots are everywhere in social media.
The only reason why there's a rare case of bots on pokersite is that any serious pokersite invests heavily in cyber security
here i agree that they have enough money to protect their servers as they are very rich poker rooms send us some money so we can be richer and enjoy life :)

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played microlimits on william hill Double or Nothing, I often came across rivals who play too formulaic and predictable in heads-up, they always raised doubts, since people would play like that.

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
I think by using Captcha in the beginning of a tournament would limit bots a lot.

But I agree to most here that bots are a reality and it sucks for the rest of us.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for me, what difference: have the bots inside Poker rooms, or not?!. Anyway I play and will continue to play in Poker!
By one simple cause: I very like Poker!.. And I can gradually and consistently to develop!.. That's it!

Paribetwins

Paribetwins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UZ
Chips

I wanted to know who the bot guy is: I'm not sure: this guy doesn't have to be a good person because I always see someone complaining about him here at Cardschat.​

I'll make an effort to get into his head if he has one. Then I'll fight back for everyone he offended)

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
I dont think thats a real thing, its only fairy tale that lose players converted , because they lack of skill and understanding poker properly.

Svetluj

Svetluj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
People that use simple strategy may look like a 🤖

R

respuuu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really think, that big companies like PS would risk it to have bots.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I only play on trusted and safe sites. So regardless of whether bots exist or not, if my bankroll is growing, it means I'm moving in the right direction :)
So you are bot then cause i doubt that bots would be moving wrong direction :unsure:

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There are many ways to implement a bot, since 2013 it's plausible, using some ways to acquire the information You want to implement, and the way You want to act, we can do that in many ways, I guess the best is using tensorflow. and after the GPU commercially available the hardware to run this software.
The way You state poker hint is just the beginning, using these AI APIs, those hints could be improving day after day till the point isn't just a hint anymore.
some here are mixing Bot, running on the client side, with hackers invading servers of the poker site, are two very different things.
One good comparison, was the bot to play chess implemented by IBM. Were years to go from the chess hints, training exercises, we call it Data Acquisition to the real thing that won from the chess champion.
Then I guess we're on the verge, of implementing a winning bot. Means will him win every hand? Of course no, he'll face the well known variance, but it'll be very difficult to profitably win.

Last edited: