bots

S

skin_ak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why carnt all poker site ban bots its better for the site and game but they say no bots but they know that they are there and do nothing about it

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
why carnt all poker site ban bots its better for the site and game but they say no bots but they know that they are there and do nothing about it

Because some bypass the sanity chek and get in . Probably impossible to eliminate all types of bots. if you think you see one do a screenshot and record it to provide evidence then report the user hopefully get them ip banned and nic banned..

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no site which likes to have bots playing on the tables as this puts off normal players. Different sites have different mechanisms to catch and ban bots but there is no system which is 100% reliable. This is game of cat and mouse which never ends.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Rooms fight with bots. And I hope that they will continue to do so.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the site with the many bots ???

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bots

I've heard that even the sites use Bots their excuse is to fill up tables. I've also heard from players at tables that some offshore unregulated sites use their people as players in money games to keep from paying out the prize money. But who knows people also speculate so talk about poker sites will continue on and on

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As much as one says that there are no bots, always in rooms with more money you will see bots, that will always exist, because security always fails, but we must keep in mind that we must choose rooms that are highly reliable and also that Your security guarantees us at least 95%, so that is an arduous work of the rooms to reach 100% your security.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have not done any research on the use of bots in online poker rooms. Can anyone provide me with ideas on how to spot a bot at the tables?
If we are all educated on bots, we can help the sites where we play eliminate them.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The existence of winning poker bots has always been questioned; some poker rooms claim that their software generally prevents the possibility of using such programs. But anyone familiar with programming understands that writing the bot itself is not difficult, and there will always be opposition against any protection. The most difficult (and therefore the most important) problem is the decision-making algorithm. Indeed, developing an algorithm that will bring a plus is not so simple, but it is not necessary. Now with a lot of different bonuses, rakeback and other offers from poker rooms, it’s enough for the bot to play zero or a weak minus, which is quite realistic for small limits.

In general, the very first bot (more precisely, a poker program)) is considered "Orac", which was developed in the early 80s by the famous poker player Mike Caro, author of the book "Sign Language". One of the features of the program was the ability to use timing tools - if the opponent thought for a long time, then his actions were more likely to be considered a bluff than if he acted quickly.