Mart1194

Mart1194

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on how many screens you can play simultaneously. I was thinking about this these days to adapt to my game, I can play a maximum of 4. Then a 24 to 27 inch is enough. If you want more, if you have a TV at home it already helps a lot. Just connect your TV. GL

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The higher the resolution then the more dots/pixels you get so you can see more windows more clearly. I would try to get better than 1080 without all the gaming stuff like the monitor being curved or having a fast refresh rate if you're only doing it for poker.

I think that's more important then the size when you're only talking about whether to go with a 32" or 28, 27" etc. I go by resolution and the largest size I can put on top of a stand without tipping it over which is 30" or 32 inches.

If you're looking for a monitor then I'd also look for one you can daisy chain although those are more expensive. If you don't get one of those they you will need a video card that has additional ports for additional monitors or an additional slot for another video card.

You might like monitors that have very small borders so you can connect them into one picture or one HUGE monitor but whatever you do, its best to start small and add as you go instead of buying too many monitors or some expensive gaming monitor when you could get by with a much cheaper business type monitor by a reputable company and use the money for something else that can help you.

I would just buy one by the same company that you know and is reliable and makes similar style.

Like I know I can buy a business monitor in a few years that looks similar with the same picture, size and border and put both of them together and it wouldn't be that bad looking side by side. If you decide to get a one huge gaming monitor then you can buy 2 monitor stands to put the monitors above the large gaming monitor.

I would also suggest you pick one that has a eye saver option which most do but just check.

Whatever you decide just plan it by your needs and budget and start slowly.

Last edited:
EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
If you don't play more than 12 tables, a 27" 1440p monitor would be a reasonable size.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
connect to TV is not a good option in my opinion, I don't like BIG screen for poker.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am convinced that two monitors are much better than one large one. So far I'm using one monitor, but by the end of this year I plan to buy another one, also a 24-inch one.
1 large one is better imo.
I played on 2x 24" Dell monitors for 5 years. A few years ago I purchased a 32" curved monitor. It is far superior.
Currently l use a 32" & a 24" (but will soon be setting up to have 2x 24's both set up vertically on each side of the 32").

I have another 32" BenQ 4k monitor and I briefly tried using 2x 32" but it is just too much screen space to focus on.

My goal is to run most of my poker tables on the 32in. in the center. Poker lobbies on one of my vertically mounted side screens and then just other random stuff on the other one (ie. Twitch, Facebook, etc.). BUT to get used to running a table management software that can do what I'm wanting it to do (but so far I am not sure if any of the ones available can perform in the manner I'm hoping for (ie. 6 tables tiled in a grid and then stacked 3 tables deep (so in effect 18 tables on the main screen, with potentially a few others on one of the side monitors 'or' 12 tables tiled in a main grid, stacked 2 tables deep for a total of 24 tables on the one main center screen)

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
connect to TV is not a good option in my opinion, I don't like BIG screen for poker.

But if you are a multi-table player it makes it so much easier to remain focused.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
There are quite a few options, but it seems to me that two 27-32 inch monitors will be more than enough. But it is quite individual and you have to decide for yourself what suits you best.
Good luck.

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
i think the resolution of display is a key here

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I start to think that the best way to play multiple tables would be on 34" wide R screen..

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow, the people with the giant monitor, and I here with the 15-inch notebook screen

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I have a 28 inch monitor and I have enough

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have 23 inches, but I would like to have 32 inches to play

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Now I mostly play on my smartphone. On a 15-inch laptop it was quite ok, on a desktop LG 29 ultra wide computer it was also ok, you can play and do something at the same time, or play in several windows.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
22 or 24 inch Full HD monitor works best.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
1 large one is better imo.
I played on 2x 24" Dell monitors for 5 years. A few years ago I purchased a 32" curved monitor. It is far superior.
Currently l use a 32" & a 24" (but will soon be setting up to have 2x 24's both set up vertically on each side of the 32").

I have another 32" BenQ 4k monitor and I briefly tried using 2x 32" but it is just too much screen space to focus on.

My goal is to run most of my poker tables on the 32in. in the center. Poker lobbies on one of my vertically mounted side screens and then just other random stuff on the other one (ie. Twitch, Facebook, etc.). BUT to get used to running a table management software that can do what I'm wanting it to do (but so far I am not sure if any of the ones available can perform in the manner I'm hoping for (ie. 6 tables tiled in a grid and then stacked 3 tables deep (so in effect 18 tables on the main screen, with potentially a few others on one of the side monitors 'or' 12 tables tiled in a main grid, stacked 2 tables deep for a total of 24 tables on the one main center screen)
I like the idea of the vertical monitors. If I were to play multiple tables the maximum I could handle would be four, and that would take some work. I think that could be handled very well for me with a long vertical where I could have the tables arranged one above the other. The vertical motions involved would be more comfortable for me than lateral moves.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I like the idea of the vertical monitors. If I were to play multiple tables the maximum I could handle would be four, and that would take some work. I think that could be handled very well for me with a long vertical where I could have the tables arranged one above the other. The vertical motions involved would be more comfortable for me than lateral moves.
I actually have the 2 vertically positioned monitors on each side of my main 32in. curved monitor as they stand just a couple inches higher than the height of the 32in screen. This then gives me one VERY large horizonal space to work with (typically one of the side screens is used for the 'Tournament Lobby(s)' and 'Twitch streamer(s)', and Facebook (messenger), emails, Cardschat, etc..... the other side screen is used for tables that aren't fitting on the 32in. screen (32in. screen comfortably holds 12 tables but sometimes I prefer it to hold just 6 much larger ones, with 4 more on the side screen).

tbh, it is A LOT of horizontal head rotation and am working at trying to figure out another method... ie. 'table manager' software

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just finished reading some of the posts and I'll recommend anyone read them to select a good monitor size. I personally have several for other purposes but bottom line, bigger is better.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
24-30 inches, depending on how many tables you plan to play.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
27 probably is the best i used to play on 46 tv tho, now i play on 15 laptop