Beat microlimites

lnm2308

lnm2308

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to the whole community, first of all I apologize for my bad English; Having clarified this I would like you to answer the following questions, based on your experience and knowledge: How much banking is reasonable to start nl2? with a sample of how many hands and winning how many bb100 the level would be beaten? Would a similar sample of hands and similar winrate be used to beat higher levels (nl5, nl10)? The levels are scaled by a question of a large volume of hands played and a reasonable winrate, or is it more a matter of solid banking? Of course, many thanks and good luck at the tables!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In cash game poker 5BI downswings are very common, 10BI downswings happen regularly, and 20-30BI downswings happen occationally. So if you play 2NL, you should expect to lose 10$ fairly often, 20$ regularly and 40-60$ occationally.

Its not strictly nessesary to have that money deposited in your poker account, since it only takes seconds to top up your account with a credit card if needed. But for many of us it feels better, if the balance in the poker account dont undergo huge swings. And it can also be nice to keep poker money separated from our general budget. For those reasons its reasonable to deposit at least 60$ before starting to grind 2NL.

I think, you are also asking, when you will know, if you are actually beating 2NL? There is no simple answer to that. Try to play around with this calculator a bit. Typical variance numbers are 100 for 6-max and 70-80 for full ring.

https://www.primedope.com/poker-variance-calculator/

Personally I dont think, it is nessesary or benefitial to spend all that much time at 2NL. Maybe 20.000 hands is enough, before you start to challenge yourself against the slightly better players at 5NL. Its not a major issue, but there is some risk, that playing to much at 2NL will teach you some bad habits, which you then need to unlearn later.