BB or number of chips?

Vlaad

Vlaad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always choose BB. I only play MTTs, and I don't see how the exact number of chips would help you there.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Luckily i have never set my chip stack to BB so the answer is quite simple.

CKALLDAY

CKALLDAY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s always been number of chips for me.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In fact, it does not matter much. But I prefer chips.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
BB ever. Like this the game becomes less relative.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always more concern with chip stack. If I'm looking for BB, it is normally in denomination of 10. That is a quick math conversion with adding a zero to BB.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess I'm from the old school, as I prefer number of chips. I don't know too many players that bet by big blinds, but everybody uses number of chips. I'm too busy trying to win hands, and I really find it annoying that I have to convert from BB to chips, to figure out how to bet, and what I actually have.

I find that party poker, really overdoes this. They actually switch back and forth during a tournament, and it makes me so put off, that I seldom play there, anymore. You're going along trying to calculate what you should bet, and suddenly, on the next hand, they've switched to BB. Now, I have to calculate how many chips that is, and even though it's simple, it's an extra step I don't need, when I'm playing.

At least, they should stick to one, or the other, and not switch back, and forth.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only BB. So when you get your stack cut in half, you go Oh its just a BB level up

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But when you trying to figure how much chips to bet, isnt it the BB level what you looking at? All the betting buttons are in BB. Also all mtts have so different starting stacks and blinds, that its too confusing and troublesome
I guess I'm from the old school, as I prefer number of chips. I don't know too many players that bet by big blinds, but everybody uses number of chips. I'm too busy trying to win hands, and I really find it annoying that I have to convert from BB to chips, to figure out how to bet, and what I actually have.

I find that Party Poker, really overdoes this. They actually switch back and forth during a tournament, and it makes me so put off, that I seldom play there, anymore. You're going along trying to calculate what you should bet, and suddenly, on the next hand, they've switched to BB. Now, I have to calculate how many chips that is, and even though it's simple, it's an extra step I don't need, when I'm playing.

At least, they should stick to one, or the other, and not switch back, and forth.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use BBs exclusively. I used to use chips but found I was always doing the mental arithmetic to calculate BBs.

BTW - BBs are great for hiding what you're actually risking when playing cash games. Sometimes I play micros, sometimes I play much higher. This way I don't get a case of the nerves when I see how much I'm actually throwing in the middle.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play for chips,I don't feel comfortable when I play BB.Although I played both ways .But I stopped at the chips.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I got used to the number of chips if I try to play with BB I get a little lost, but I think that BB is the best way to measure bets

M

Mahereid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got used to chips number as it is my default but would use BB as well.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But when you trying to figure how much chips to bet, isnt it the BB level what you looking at? All the betting buttons are in BB. Also all mtts have so different starting stacks and blinds, that its too confusing and troublesome

I always calculate my bets in chips. When I'm looking at making a bet, I never consider how many big blinds it's going to cost me. Even when it's pre-flop, I ignore the big blinds. When I'm in the small blind position, I look at the number of chips to call, instead of it being 1 small blind more.

I guess it's all a matter of preference, but when you're in the middle of a hand, and the buttons show big blinds as a bet, how many chips are you betting? The only time I look at big blinds, is to see how many more time around the table I'm at.

I just find it an unnecessary complication, but I can understand how some might like it.

K

kngofpkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to see the chips because when i play seeing the bb's i play bad.. its like.. when i have 12 bb's i play with 9-10.. just 1 bb right? but it is 60.000 chips.. a lot.. so i prefer to see the chips

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to see the chips because when i play seeing the bb's i play bad.. its like.. when i have 12 bb's i play with 9-10.. just 1 bb right? but it is 60.000 chips.. a lot.. so i prefer to see the chips
Next time you go to some MTT and there be 1 000 000 starting chips with 500/1000 blinds
And someone would bet 1000. And you be holy krap thats like a thousand, i fold.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always use BB where its available. BB normalizes the stack sizes and makes the math simpler.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer BB and use it to adjust my strategy.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Number of chips. BB just doesn't work for me..

Poker Chips - History of Chips