Bad players or bad hands

J

JAJONGLEUR

Enthusiast
Total posts
I hadn't played online in quite awhile until just recently. After a couple days (non-stop) I started analyzing my play and this question formed in my head. Is it harder to overcome really bad players, that call a large raise with a Q-4 off, or is it harder to overcome a bad run of hands?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
I hadn't played online in quite awhile until just recently. After a couple days (non-stop) I started analyzing my play and this question formed in my head. Is it harder to overcome really bad players, that call a large raise with a Q-4 off, or is it harder to overcome a bad run of hands?

I think its harder to over come the bad hands we get dealt long term. Bad players are just making -EV plays and while we hate it when they call and win a pot with Q4o as you mention, more times than not we make money when they do call.To be honest you wan this to happen. Its a mine field but its profitable.

L

lauestla

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Well you will get used to these players. Sometimes luck makes them win, but they often lose.
If you want to avoid this kind of players, don’t play freerolls and microstakes.
Good luck at the tables!

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
hi, of course we get angry when we lose to such hands, but we don't notice how often we beat such hands, and we don't pay attention to it, but it's worth losing and we get angry how this happened, remember that when opening cards, the win is always 50/50

ProfesorParata

ProfesorParata

Enthusiast
Total posts
Answer

Hello Elvira, I tell you, without that kind of bad players, people or gambling halls would have profits, because it is thanks to bad players that we can get some profit, they can win us a hand, but for every hand that they they win, we win 7 hands, now the problem arises is when there is more than 1 bad player sitting at the same table, it is difficult to play there, I would recommend that you leave that table.

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Total posts
Ithink it is bader when players call all with a bad hand ,Iplay micro so Ihave many such players

J

JAJONGLEUR

Enthusiast
Total posts
Hello Elvira, I tell you, without that kind of bad players, people or gambling halls would have profits, because it is thanks to bad players that we can get some profit, they can win us a hand, but for every hand that they they win, we win 7 hands, now the problem arises is when there is more than 1 bad player sitting at the same table, it is difficult to play there, I would recommend that you leave that table.

Great advice. But when the one they get is equal to the 7 we win, unfortunately it only reinforces the behavior. 🤮

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

Zero fold equity always
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA

Lately I am asking myself more and more if these are real players at all. These are the ones that are sitting out and then all of a sudden become active and the very first hand they play, they hit an unlikely draw. Then they are inactive again. Others I will be flipping and am always on the wrong side of the coin flip. So really it is probably about equal - a bad run of hands and players that hit with their bad hands. I do not even call them bad players anymore, especially when they quickly become chip leaders with their actions.

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Total posts
In the last days, I raised preflop and my opponent called me with q 4 and I had kk, come the flop 4 q 4 , and I lost all my chips.

I

ireneuszmasajlo

Enthusiast
Total posts
Not only you can,t beat bad players poker online help idiots I see this every day every hour every minutes. Poker became bingo game because everyone wanted kill Phil and now we have milions off donks,

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Great advice. But when the one they get is equal to the 7 we win, unfortunately it only reinforces the behavior. 🤮
hi friend, I want to tell you how I played yesterday, and if it wasn't for your post, I would have passed this hand by, I have AKs flop A 4 K opp goes al inn opens Q 4 o he lost, I want to say that we will win more often from such hands than we will lose, the loss is much more memorable than such small victories, the most important thing is to remember that the action was positive at a distance

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
hello friend, I disagree with you a little if there are several bad players at the table, then it is necessary to build an aggressive-loose game, since a bad player will give up his entire stack for one hand and will go to the end and will pay on every street

G

GNuTTz

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Really bad or really bad :)

Bad hands and bad players are one consistent in poker that will always remain. Just have to roll with both of them- and hope for the best of luck!! :D

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Bad hands and bad players are one consistent in poker that will always remain. Just have to roll with both of them- and hope for the best of luck!! :D
just had a distribution, I have AA is this a bad hand? opp goes all in at 130bb I have a 90bb stack so is AA a bad hand or what? AA vs 88

77ecos

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
It is a blessing that bad players exist:p:p:p:p, a bad card streak is more difficult and even more frustrating, when a bad player takes me out of a tournament or a cash table I buy back because I know that in the end it is a benefit that I will have:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Total posts
Definitely good players. Then there is a chance to learn something from better players.

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
that's right, we always want to win, but it doesn't happen the way we want it to

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Bad players will lose on the long road anyway. They can win by luck, but they won't be able to do it every day. But to overcome a bad run of hands is much harder in my opinion.

P

ph_il

Total posts
Awards
both are easy to overcome.

with bad hands, you just fold. it's as simple as that. you don't play them, you don't give up any value. yes, it sucks when you get a bad run of cards in an mtt and you're folding constantly but sometimes thats the game. maybe you take a chance with a bad hand and it hope it pays off, maybe you continue folding until you find a better equity spot to get your money in. i prefer the latter because i'm a believer in long term equity vs short term luck. so, if i need to fold constantly until i find a spot i feel like i'll have a decent edge in, i'll do so. and if it doesn't work out, oh well, still a lot of mtts to be played.

with bad players, you just don't get involved with them unless you have a strong equity hand. if they're loose and wild and you need to fold a lot, fold a lot. it doesn't matter. again, i like putting myself in situations where i'll have an equity edge majority of the time. if those opportunities aren't presenting themselves, i won't play. i'll keep my stack as high as possible so, when i do pick up a hand, i can maximize my value.

on the flip side, when i do pick up a hand, i make sure to play it for max value. this is how i make up for all the times i'm having to constantly fold and preserve my stack against loose players. if i pick up a big hand like kk+ or aks, i'm going to play them for most, if not all, of my stack against bad players. as long as i'm playing hands that crush their range, i'm not afraid to bust out against them because i know, in the long run, i'm winning more. there is no fear in losing with aa vs a very loose player. and you don't want to be playing small pots with them either because you're losing a ton of value if you do. while you aren't losing value by folding a lot, you need to make sure you maximize your value in spots you can in order to profit or do well in the long term.

S

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Total posts
hello friend, I disagree with you a little if there are several bad players at the table, then it is necessary to build an aggressive-loose game, since a bad player will give up his entire stack for one hand and will go to the end and will pay on every street

I would up and leave. If you are talking about a deep stacked cash game then this is a favorable situation. I play exclusively turbo 6 max tournaments (this is the only sit and go offered) and a table full of donks is very difficult to beat. You can't just wait for the most favorable hands or the situations because the blinds just chew you up.

D

David Gibson

Enthusiast
Total posts
both are easy to overcome.

with bad hands, you just fold. it's as simple as that. you don't play them, you don't give up any value. yes, it sucks when you get a bad run of cards in an mtt and you're folding constantly but sometimes thats the game. maybe you take a chance with a bad hand and it hope it pays off, maybe you continue folding until you find a better equity spot to get your money in. i prefer the latter because i'm a believer in long term equity vs short term luck. so, if i need to fold constantly until i find a spot i feel like i'll have a decent edge in, i'll do so. and if it doesn't work out, oh well, still a lot of mtts to be played.

with bad players, you just don't get involved with them unless you have a strong equity hand. if they're loose and wild and you need to fold a lot, fold a lot. it doesn't matter. again, i like putting myself in situations where i'll have an equity edge majority of the time. if those opportunities aren't presenting themselves, i won't play. i'll keep my stack as high as possible so, when i do pick up a hand, i can maximize my value.

on the flip side, when i do pick up a hand, i make sure to play it for max value. this is how i make up for all the times i'm having to constantly fold and preserve my stack against loose players. if i pick up a big hand like kk+ or aks, i'm going to play them for most, if not all, of my stack against bad players. as long as i'm playing hands that crush their range, i'm not afraid to bust out against them because i know, in the long run, i'm winning more. there is no fear in losing with aa vs a very loose player. and you don't want to be playing small pots with them either because you're losing a ton of value if you do. while you aren't losing value by folding a lot, you need to make sure you maximize your value in spots you can in order to profit or do well in the long term.
Very well put.

I am working on having more patience with waiting for the bad cards to go away and pull in a couple of good hands. My biggest weakness is myself.

I think poker can teach a lot of good life lessons if we are paying attention.

Like you said, bad players, you just don't challenge unless you have a premium hand. Even then the lucky cards part can bite you and give them the dominant hand.

One or the other at a time is getting easier to deal with, but when you get bad beat after bad beat, I just finally call it a day and leave the game until tomorrow.

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I would up and leave. If you are talking about a deep stacked cash game then this is a favorable situation. I play exclusively turbo 6 max tournaments (this is the only sit and go offered) and a table full of donks is very difficult to beat. You can't just wait for the most favorable hands or the situations because the blinds just chew you up.
hi friend, I agree with you 6 max turbo is certainly difficult, I'm talking about mtt 9mah and 12 min or 10 min blends, there with bad players you can always double and sometimes triple

thedarkman

thedarkman

Visionary
Total posts
Awards

The donk will always outflop you. If you can't get used to that you have to either give up or play a different game: stud, Omaha, or some variant.

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Total posts
It depends on the level of the tournaments, you do not play with bad cards in all tournaments, that is usually seen a lot in the micro, in the same way, it bothers a lot when players beat you with very bad bad ones, but in the long run they will end in the% being more what they will lose than what they will gain.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands