On average how much % of time you finish ITM/Final table/winner?

lacroir

lacroir

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
As the title says: how much % of the time you finish an MTT ITM / Final table / win the tournament?

As I see I have big variance as of now. I already won some small tournaments (less than 100 players) and finished ITM couple of times, but then sometimes I just fall out in the early stages of an MTT. How are you progressing? If you experienced similar things, how do you reduce this variance in your play?

I personally say something like: 65% early out, 20% ITM, 10% Final table, 5% win

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That looks like very good results for tournaments of under 100 players. 20% ITM is a statistical positive when less than 20% are paid. 10% final table is statisticaly EVEN and 5% win rate is OUTSTANDING. Keep playing that tournament.
As for the 65% early exit don't feel too bad. Last summer in the wsop two well known and respected pros had a conversation about how they were doing and one said he couldn't get any traction 60% of the time. (meaning he never got above starting stack). The other pro related this to his students as an example of not letting their expectations get ahead of the reality of tournament poker variance.

Winner Poker