another rail call (top 10 in the $15K Guaranteed)

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have a very loose style and try to bluff a lot, you had enough chips a while back be in 3rd place right now :\

Oh well, gg :)

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good game and nice bit of change there Rip.

ripptyde

ripptyde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh well I gave it my best :(

thanks for railing guys....sorry I couldn't take it down. I'm pretty happy with the way I played. I made a few mistakes but for the most part I'm satisfied and really wouldn't change very much.

The hand that killed me was my 6/6 vs A/K when he spiked his K....Some of you may feel that was a bad call but I would do it again....I was 90% sure he had AK when I made that call and I was right....if I hold there I have about 800K and the chip lead (that hand was with 20 left I believe)

anyway sorry to let you guys down I did my best....a little disappointing but (sigh) oh well

thanks again all the rail support was terrific. Hopefully there will be a lot more of these rail threads from me in the near future.

Rippy

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the cardinal sins of poker: calling off your stack in a race.

I'm not sure if you were the one doing the pushing or the calling, but getting involved with 66 there is marginal regardless. I know you're obviously not interested in hearing opinions and thoughts, so I'll just cut it now :)

Congrats on the high finish!

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm not sure if you were the one doing the pushing or the calling, but getting involved with 66 there is marginal regardless. I know you're obviously not interested in hearing opinions and thoughts, so I'll just cut it now :)

this^^ calling is almost NEVER good.

ripptyde

ripptyde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK Im glad this hand came up because I would make that call again under the same circumstances.

First of all that guy had been shoving a lot when he was short stacked.....I had him outstacked 2 to 1 at the time....and when he came over the top of my raise...I was 99% sure he was on AK or AQ....I trusted my read and made the call and I was right.

You guys have to understand that you MUST push even the smallest edges deep in these donkfests. It becomes a shove party late and if you are making all the 'correct' decisions or playing ABC poker you are going to get eaten alive.

Am I bummed I got 13th ? I sure am...but in hindsight I wouldn't change all that much as far as the spots I picked and decisions made...ESPECIALLY the 6/6 vs A/K hand.

Aliengenius I wasn't 'calling off my stack' far from it....it was an ambitious call but I think you'll find these are precisely the big calls you need to make to win these huge tourneys. I would make that same call again given the opportunity.

ripptyde

ripptyde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Actually I AM interested in opinions and I love to discuss hands and situations.....you misinterpreted an earlier post where I said that I wasn't looking for critique of the HH's I posted while I was in the middle of the tourney...

I mean I like to discuss hands etc but not in the middle of a sweat thread.....there is a time and place for analyzing hands/situations....but that was not it. Thats all I meant to suggest by saying I wasn't looking for critique'....The timing was just bad.

Rippy

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, ok.

Well next time just say STFU GUYS i'M TRYING TO PLAY :)

How about posting some of the more interesting hands in the HA section?

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually I AM interested in opinions and I love to discuss hands and situations.....you misinterpreted an earlier post where I said that I wasn't looking for critique of the HH's I posted while I was in the middle of the tourney...

I mean I like to discuss hands etc but not in the middle of a sweat thread.....there is a time and place for analyzing hands/situations....but that was not it. Thats all I meant to suggest by saying I wasn't looking for critique'....The timing was just bad.

Rippy

go through your hand histories and post them in the HA section, if we talk about them here they will not get enough attention.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys have to understand that you MUST push even the smallest edges deep in these donkfests.

Yes, but push does not = call. He pushed, you called with a hand that had raise value (98s or some such?), but did not have actual showdown value. Failure to transition between hands that are strong raise/push hands and those that have actual showdown value (classic Sklansky "gap theory") is a very costly mistake.

Aliengenius I wasn't 'calling off my stack' far from it....it was an ambitious call but I think you'll find these are precisely the big calls you need to make to win these huge tourneys. I would make that same call again given the opportunity.

Sorry sir, this was terrible. You have a pusher AND a caller.. you have to put one of them on a pair, and one on a better ace than your ace (or both on a pair, one of which is bigger than your kicker). Any other read is "optimistic" at best.

ripptyde

ripptyde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alien I appreciate your input I really do. But I have 7 large field MTT wins and well over 30 final tables over the last 2 years. My ROI is 75% with well over $60,000 in cashes. This is only large field MTT's not 180's and not 45 mans where I have countless other wins. Forgive me for going down this road, I am not 'boasting' by any means....There are plenty of players with better results than mine... but I do feel it's necessary to defend what you consider to be a 'terrible' call when I feel that it was quite the opposite.

Yes I did CALL with 6/6 trusting a read that I was in a coin flip with a small edge (which I was right about). Correct me if I am wrong but isn't 6/6 a 53% favorite to unsuited AK ? This Sir, is pushing an edge.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alien I appreciate your input I really do. But I have 7 large field MTT wins and well over 30 final tables over the last 2 years. My ROI is 75% with well over $60,000 in cashes. This is only large field MTT's not 180's and not 45 mans where I have countless other wins. Forgive me for going down this road, I am not 'boasting' by any means....There are plenty of players with better results than mine... but I do feel it's necessary to defend what you consider to be a 'terrible' call when I feel that it was quite the opposite.

Yes I did CALL with 6/6 trusting a read that I was in a coin flip with a small edge (which I was right about). Correct me if I am wrong but isn't 6/6 a 53% favorite to unsuited AK ? This Sir, is pushing an edge.

Um, it's a push AND a call.... you are NOT heads up here, so ur analysis of "coin flip" is way off...

Further, the RANGE that your opponents have has you VERY VERY weak.... you are at BEST a coin flip, at WORST, DOMINATED. Terrible call.

ripptyde

ripptyde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks again for the rail support everyone. :)

Rippy

Last edited:
ripptyde

ripptyde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Um, it's a push AND a call.... you are NOT heads up here, so ur analysis of "coin flip" is way off...

Further, the RANGE that your opponents have has you VERY VERY weak.... you are at BEST a coin flip, at WORST, DOMINATED. Terrible call.

Alien I just wanted to post this HH and point out that villian is on the big blind....This was another factor behind my decision to call here. I'm giving him a lot less respect for a hand here which was probably why I went with my gut with the belief it was a coin flip scenario. If my 6's hold up here I have 900K in chips with a huge lead. I was playing to win what can I say....I thought that was a good spot to get my money in on a coin flip that if I lose still leaves me 300K behind since I have villian outstacked 2 to 1

pokerstars Game #10624474921: Tournament #53511506, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level XXI (6000/12000) - 2007/06/26 - 00:45:33 (ET)
Table '53511506 88' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Deafness (215725 in chips)
Seat 2: AVGDONKEY (348152 in chips)
Seat 3: ShipEmtoMe (442081 in chips)
Seat 4: MX957 (319544 in chips)
Seat 5: 4Kings_Hit (359130 in chips)
Seat 6: ripptyde (611784 in chips)
Seat 7: JDWPoker111 (474924 in chips)
Seat 8: x_noriver_x (463885 in chips)
Seat 9: boozeorlose (358139 in chips)
Deafness: posts the ante 1200
AVGDONKEY: posts the ante 1200
ShipEmtoMe: posts the ante 1200
MX957: posts the ante 1200
4Kings_Hit: posts the ante 1200
ripptyde: posts the ante 1200
JDWPoker111: posts the ante 1200
x_noriver_x: posts the ante 1200
boozeorlose: posts the ante 1200
ShipEmtoMe: posts small blind 6000
MX957: posts big blind 12000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ripptyde [6s 6d]
4Kings_Hit: folds
ripptyde: raises 36000 to 48000
JDWPoker111: folds
x_noriver_x: folds
boozeorlose: folds
Deafness: folds
AVGDONKEY: folds
ShipEmtoMe: folds
MX957: raises 270344 to 318344 and is all-in
ripptyde: calls 270344
*** FLOP *** [As Jd 9c]
*** TURN *** [As Jd 9c] [Tc]
*** RIVER *** [As Jd 9c Tc] [7s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
MX957: shows [Ah Kd] (a pair of Aces)
ripptyde: shows [6s 6d] (a pair of Sixes)
MX957 collected 653488 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 653488 | Rake 0
Board [As Jd 9c Tc 7s]
Seat 1: Deafness folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: AVGDONKEY (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: ShipEmtoMe (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: MX957 (big blind) showed [Ah Kd] and won (653488) with a pair of Aces
Seat 5: 4Kings_Hit folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: ripptyde showed [6s 6d] and lost with a pair of Sixes
Seat 7: JDWPoker111 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: x_noriver_x folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: boozeorlose folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Little late for this but congrats. Very interesting watching you play & am enjoying the discussion. + rep.