Aggression in Chat

B_D_Cout

B_D_Cout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love pokerstars for their option to turn off the chat. Aggressive chat, and honestly all chat is annoying and distracting as far as I’m concerned

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also have a problem with the aggressiveness in chat and the action of opponents. I ask some people about this issue. I realized that it is a mental problem and very popular in poker. Some friends recommend me to read the book "The mental game of poker". After reading, I realize my problem and now I can control myself better. You can try to read it, it's very worthy.
I started reading this book a long time ago. but abandoned. I think it's worth continuing reading.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ignore the insults in chat. In online poker the relative anonymity and the ability to play from anywhere in any condition allows some people to say things that they will never dare to say live. Fortunately online poker gives you also very easy solution - block the person or completely disable the chat. :)

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love it when they talk smack in chat. What I usually do is put them out of tournament!

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no need to be distracted by chat during the game, if aggression towards me starts in the chat, I just turn off the player's messages

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggressive players try to throw you off balance with their insults, so that you make mistakes in the game, you must not pay attention to them.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I turned off chat while playing....

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Years ago there was LOTS of chat on poker sites. And a lot of it was good! You'd meet players from all over the world while playing from your own livingroom.
It was great!
Players liked it!
Most people were respectful.
You would meet other players on the tables and often invite them to join the forum you played with.
AND the forum games had LOTS of chat! Almost all of it was friendly! Players got to know each other and some even became friends!
There were also special events held online where forums would play off against each other in tournaments (with some great prizes added... & bragging rights of course). You'd meet other players in the chat there too and 99% of the chat was FRIENDLY!

So... what happened?

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Imo agresive on chat are only donks or people at the initial mental stage of development. It is a pity to waste energy on it, so it is best to disregard it or write him something nice.

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I advise everyone to turn off the chat if it goes crazy, so as not to be distracted by it.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If at a live table you could do what you see at online tables, it would be like the old west

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
How do you feel about aggression in chat? How often do you see her in the game? I try not to notice it, but it happens that it pisses me off, and I start to make mistakes.
But I also cannot understand why they sometimes show aggression. They say you're a fish and stuff. If you're playing against a fish, you should be happy about it and take advantage of the moment, :mad:

There will always be players that say or do things that could put you off your game. In general though, they start mouthing off because they are angry or frustrated. This for me is the perfect opportunity to exploit them because when a player is angry or frustrated, they are not playing anywhere near their best game. Either they will fold too much, because you've "obviously" out drawn them, or they will call a lot lighter than they should, because you're a fish and can't possibly have a good hand.

When they start chatting rubbish, stay quiet and take their chips!

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

You must define your objectives in the general game, including paying attention or not to chat.
Concentrate on the game, the chat is only a small part, use it as a favor to know the moods of the players, just that. What is worth is your study, your practice and understanding of poker.

GL :qc4::qh4: Queens of nature and life

J

jcvd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At unibet where i play there is no chat so nobody has that problem there.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fishes are Fishes. They play by emotions, not by logic.

D

damas13251

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who cares about chat tbh. Insulting on chat should never effect u if u want to win something.

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't care about that.
I am fine with whatever someone says. Who knows what's their life story, so i don't take those insults seriously :)

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the russians are expert on that

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never insult your opponents in the game. This is an indicator of urinary incontinence and lack of primary education.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I disabled the chat or hid the chat window. The aggressions of the opponents are normal if they have lost several good hands and are on tilt. Being rude in the chat therefore don't particularly affect my game.

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
after reading the topic. now I also decided to turn off the chat. although I don’t know what I could find useful in it before.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy to mute distracting players where I play , 888 & P.S.

Also I disabled throwables in the graphics animations options . They can throw all they like and you never see it. Let them waste their energy while you keep your focus on the game.

I couldn't believe it when I started playing at 888 the first time, about a year ago.. Cartoon animals throwing things at each other - it seemed more like a kid's gone wild party than a poker game at times.

Turn off the distractions and focus on the game.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agression afects me very often, so I prefer to switch off chat messages. No anger from oponents and I'm calm and have positive thoughts

f00gzz

f00gzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually ignore ppl being negative in chat, looks dumb on them

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
takes it with a grain of salt!

just ignore it.. or just use it to your advantage?

he's tilted so... hopefully he will donk call or jam something when you got it!