Adjusting to online

Darke

Darke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I have been finding that I have been doing well in 1/2 live, but when trying to play 5c10c or 10c25c online I am getting crushed. Is there any general tips for adjusting to online play vs live?

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But what do you have to change? If you go well live, you get stressed online? Because if you keep the same good game, it only depends on your luck with hands, other online players have the same variables.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lately I have been finding that I have been doing well in 1/2 live, but when trying to play 5c10c or 10c25c online I am getting crushed. Is there any general tips for adjusting to online play vs live?

I had to make the adjustment, myself. The online community reacts a lot faster to anything you throw at them. They're just used to information coming in quickly and reacting faster as a result. This is my humble opinion. We (live players) can use this to our advantage. What I've noticed is that some poker sites incorporate blinds that aren't as long, so the decision making process is rendered shorter. So I think it comes down to the structure of the tourney/ring game you're willing to play. Finding a similar structure shouldn't be too hard, just look around. Good luck. :cool: