Is AA less likely to win online?

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, the odds are the same. Why should they be different?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I used to track all hands played. The thing I found was aces won just as much as they should win. While I can understand the frustration when they lose and a few times in a row, its just part of the game.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a big fan of AA and I'm happy when I get it. However, lately I've been getting AA often lately and it's been getting cracked! I won't say that I don't want AA but I want it to hold up!

B

billiamwedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All too often will I lose with AA and feel scammed, but in reality at a 9 max table, if you don't hit anything with your pocket pair then there are SO many other hands that can be made that beat it. Even in a dumb all in with KQ suited calls AA there's so many out and 2 pairs the KQ can make to crack your aces.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes because of a combination of people calling your all ins with 83 sooted and the RNGs which really are all that random.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, I dont think so. It's just that with every player at the table that calls, the chance of aces to win decreases. That's why people think if their aces don't hold that often that it's cheating and that would never happen in real life. But aces are not unbeatable. There is always a remaining chance that another hand will win. Let's say you have AA and you raise preflop. 4 players call. Then your probability of winning is under 50%! That's why it would be a good rate if your AA held up to 50%. Most people don't take this into account and only think when you have aces you always have to win the pot.

kiso777

kiso777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is both a winning and strong hand, as well as a losing one, if a lot of people call at the table, there is a high probability that you will be broken by 2 pair or a straight or flush, very often AA loses, just someone is more fortunate than you

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think probability theory does not depend on whether you play online or live poker. It's just that there are many players in online poker who play with junk hands, who, however, also have their share of winning. It's just that such stories are better remembered and it begins to seem that there are many more of them. For example, I am surprised by the sheer number of paired flops or when the villain pulling into the dead gets a particularly necessary card strictly on the river. I agree this can happen, but not so often.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Good question. I always am aware of situations when having AA. Usually a usual bet to see the flop instead of going all in preflop, I find best. If I have AA online, I can not count how many times KK will win on a three of a kind against AA. If I see a K in the flop and have AA and a villain bets out, I'll ask what you would do?

DTaboada

DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, it is. Specially Werner you have lower stack than your opponent. Sad but true.

N

Nel1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA es un par. Si bien es un par alto siempre existe la probabilidad de perder la mano. Siempre yo pago o abro la mano para ver el flop y ver cómo se da la mano.
Do not trust that with a high pair in hand we will win all hands, tanto online como en vivo

A

ayewayfilms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA has a 95% chance of winning in online poker... go all in

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is necessary to enter the game correctly with aces. Do not enter in any case call or 2bet if the whole table of players. I raise good, always raise to raise. To prevent many opponents from entering the game. Sometimes I lose, but if there is draw on the board, then you should fold.

E

ellvana

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA at online poker to me Preflop all in.. Hard to play those with 2 or 3 opponents who go all in with absolute crap

P

PYO88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Often fold though if theres a pair on the flop🤦*♂️

I

iamKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As amateur players we tend to think that with AA we are invincible. And we have seen, especially at online tables, that AA does not guarantee anything. Many times you win with AA, but many times you also lose. Do you think that the chances of winning with AA in online poker decrease?

The true equity of AA never changes if you are playing live or online. The reason why we tend to lose AA online a lot is because we see a lot of people going allin with hands they shouldn’t be. Just today I lost my AA 3 times against ATs, KQo, 77. People are hiding behind the screen so they tend to play much more loose and gambles a lot. But to answer your question, the true equity of AA doesn’t change but the chances of it winning decreases as more people enters the pot even if it’s live or online.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I have to say yes, it is less likely online. I have seen AA players sink like boats to other folks trash hands online too many times. Algorithms and size of the villain's blinds vs. The other's seem to get really bad toward the bubble. Be careful with those puppies.

V

vetal9091

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Как игроки-любители мы склонны думать, что с АА мы непобедимы. И мы видели, особенно за онлайн-столами, что AA ничего не гарантирует. Часто вы выигрываете с AA, но много раз вы также проигрываете. Как вы думаете, в онлайн-покере шансы на победу с AA уменьшаются?

если мы слабо входим в игру с aa, а за нами все еще много оппонентов, флоп должен быть очень хорошим лоу с еще одним тузом. Оптимальный вариант - Олин на префлопе в надежде, что у кого-то есть ak dd cc

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it has no less but that is a hand in which you could lose a lot if it is a high probability

T

TheBackpack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is what you do if you get check raised with AA, you roll your eyes like Barrie Greenstein and jam all in over the top and hope for the best.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
online poker is very different from real life poker . online the cards dont fall correctly (and no nobody can change my mind on this) like in real life poker . in real life your aces will hold most of the time against 1-2 opponents . online I cant count how often my AA KK QQ have been cracked (and no it is not because of "muh more hands played online ) . while we talk about it ....today I was busted from a tournament with AA against AKo (all in preflop)

Explain "correctly"? Same odds with online and live, for the most part, same type of players. Don't understand how these type of comments get so misconstrued.

Large sample size of hand history from online play will back that up. If something is out of line, my guess is you just exposed a leak in you're game.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m guessing with the large sample size online, the overall hand percentages are pretty much exactly where they should be. Reputable sites will makes sure that is the case, as they will get exposed rather quickly if that is not the case.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is AA. It's super strong. But by using strategy it can be go bad. If you don't know how to use it well. Just all in at first time. Besides AA all strong pocket cards go bad with the stages taking further. So if you don't know, don't take slow play, just make all in. And if you made slow play, you should accept when the atmosphere changed.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
AA... literally every time I pick it up flop comes KKQ almost seems better to let it ride and Jam

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pair of AA is too huge a hand, where everything in the proportion and the position more than everything, if you don't know how to use it well it can cause you a lot of damage, I usually play it strong, a very strong raise before the flop, If I get hit all-in on the flop and sometimes I prefer to play it all-in before the flop.