A lucky opponent or a combination of circumstances?

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes I notice that there is a player at the table whom I cannot beat in any way, even when I get into a hand with him with a strong hand, I constantly lose to him, yesterday there were 7 players left (6 prize money) I lost 3 times to shorty with a comfortable stack, first with A J I lost Q J (Q came on the river), then with A 10 I lost K 4 (he had a set of 4 on the flop) and in the end, as usual, tilt and I went all in with weak cards and flew out, noticed are you the players at the table who are uncomfortable to play with?

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also noticed something similar, no matter what hand I have the other player will always beat me. Usually when I have that feeling I just stop playing against him until I can win one or two hands against others

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In cash games it can be fine to change tables, if someone has just owned you, to get a fresh start. But in tournaments thats obviously not possible, so you just need to deal with it. The problem is not those hands, where you got unlucky and lost to his K4, that flopped trips, or whatever it was. The important is only that final hand, where you made a tilted play, because you took the game personal and got emotional about it.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It didn't really matter to me today, but I remember that it bothered me a lot in the past and that I really wanted to throw this player out of the tournament and then I also played stupid hands. You always find such people at a table who seem unbeatable, but the fact is that no one is unbeatable and there is always someone who is better. If I now have someone like that at the table who beats each of my hands, I try to pay even more attention to which hands I play. And if I can, I will throw someone like that out of the tournament on occasion, but it is no longer important for me that I am the one who does it or someone else. But what I am sure of is that people who constantly win hands against better ones with garbage, are usually taken off the table by someone.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In cash games it can be fine to change tables, if someone has just owned you, to get a fresh start. But in tournaments thats obviously not possible, so you just need to deal with it. The problem is not those hands, where you got unlucky and lost to his K4, that flopped trips, or whatever it was. The important is only that final hand, where you made a tilted play, because you took the game personal and got emotional about it.
t was a satellite for an expensive tournament, I just go out in the cache, as you advise, everything is clear to me here

yes, you're right, I feel that I have enough discipline in the game, but when I do this and exit the game, it becomes easier for me than to sit there and wait for good cards that would hardly come soon, and the blinds and antes were huge, I can also enter a tournament with an entrance of $ 55 in the same way, when I'm in tilt, I urgently need to turn off my computer and take a walk in the air
It didn't really matter to me today, but I remember that it bothered me a lot in the past and that I really wanted to throw this player out of the tournament and then I also played stupid hands. You always find such people at a table who seem unbeatable, but the fact is that no one is unbeatable and there is always someone who is better. If I now have someone like that at the table who beats each of my hands, I try to pay even more attention to which hands I play. And if I can, I will throw someone like that out of the tournament on occasion, but it is no longer important for me that I am the one who does it or someone else. But what I am sure of is that people who constantly win hands against better ones with garbage, are usually taken off the table by someone.
it also seems to me that it is best not to play against them and wait until another player knocks him out, this is optimal