$ 70 usd bankroll, what do you recommend I do?

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello people, I have a stack of 70usd and I wanted to ask you what I should do, could I go to nl10 with that stack or play tournaments for the value of 5.50 usd? I also thought about the spins of 5 usd but the truth is that I do not take the strategy yet to that type of game

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on if you're playing for fun or playing to build your bankroll. If you're playing to build your bankroll, the idea is not to play any tournaments larger than 1-2% of your stack. In your case, that means avoiding anything larger than a $1.40 tournament and sticking to the microstakes.

Adhering to this principle also helps you survive bad runs and natural variance. You're going to lose a lot, but the goal is to win more than you lose over time. Good luck.

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah play between 5nl and 10nl cash and stick to 1/2 dollar tournaments! It's a steady cash flow not a sudden get rich quick scheme!

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would stick with 0.55$ 1.10$ mtts and 0,50$ 1$ 1,50$ sit&go's

try to keep building it up and once you have made like 150-160 go a little higer if you lose again start lower again etc.

plenty of brm around here and theres videos online aswell that could help you with that.

But if you are a cashgame player play the 2$ buy-in ones only untill you also made 2x your money and you can go higher aswell untill you lose abit go down again.

also what site are you playing on? cause 888 doesnt really have great low buy-in games worth playing like pokerstars and partypoker does.

GL in your grind and may you build it up :D

A

Auswa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably best to play mostly 0.50 cent and below mtts. 2NL or 2PLO cash is also a option as well.

If your willing and able to redeposit you can play higher.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on how much value your bankroll has.

if $70 is nothing to you and you can easily reload more money if you wanted, then play whatever stakes you want.

if you want to make the $70 last as long as possible and not risk losing it quickly, then you want to have more buy-ins per stake to reduce the risk of going broke.

with $70, if you play $5.50 mtts, you only only have 12 buy-ins. true, it's possible to win big and make something happen with 12 buy-ins but you also run the risk of going broke as a 12 buy-in downswing isn't uncommon. to reduce the chance of this, you'll want more buy-ins. so $1.1 mtts will give you 63 buy-ins (better) and .55 mtts will give you 127 buy-ins (even better). and if you want to go the very conservative route, you can even do .10 - .25 mtts, which will give you 280 - 700 buy-ins. this might seem like over kill, but it's a lot harder to bust your bankroll with 280+ buy-ins than it is with, say, 63 buy-ins. and players have busted with 63 buy-ins.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advise is just to play 1 dollar games
Once you have like 200 bank roll then you can play 5 dollar games.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello mate, I'm glad you have funds to play!
There is a rule that says you should play 100 tournaments with your bankroll, your buy in should be approximately 0.70 or less. It is to prevent bad luck from leaving you without funds!

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet on red, more chances to win for you than playing NL5-10 with such small bankroll

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If You are looking for a chance to be in the money and play in rebuy tournaments lasting more than 2 hours, you may want to dabble in some $1 to $3 gtd games on intertops. Be prepared to buying several more times, but the reward is kind. Play smart, don't rush the game. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello people, I have a stack of 70usd and I wanted to ask you what I should do, could I go to nl10 with that stack or play tournaments for the value of 5.50 usd? I also thought about the spins of 5 usd but the truth is that I do not take the strategy yet to that type of game

I had a thing where I used to look at what time tournaments were starting and enter myself into a cash game to earn the money to enter the tournament. That way the $70 is untouched, you have some exercise before the game and it's less pressure if you lose. (but that won't happen will it?:cool:) Make that bubble!:D

but yeah ultimately...tournaments. They're longer but more payout.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, you are very aggro. Calm down a little bit. This $70 is nothing. Try 50 cents or NL2...

london177

london177

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advise is just to play 1 dollar games
Once you have like 200 bank roll then you can play 5 dollar games.
Playing 5$ tournaments with a bankroll of 200$ is definitely not a good idea. You have only 40 buy-ins there. A couple of bad sessions will bury your bankroll
234af6a9ad0821db47c95324bfb8d09b.png

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a small bankroll, and I would advise to risk no more than 2-3% of this amount per day. That is, I would recommend that you spend no more than $ 2 a day.

Panda1010

Panda1010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play satellites and small tournaments. Money is money ;)

C

CornY7Y

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a bankroll of $ 70, then you shouldn't play a tournament that costs more than $ 1. Calculate so that you have 100 tournament buy-ins in your bankroll ... :)

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

I think $ 70 will run out soon if you sit in $ 5 tournaments or Sng. I think $ 1 tournaments would be appropriate. I’m with him that if I have $ 100 then $ 1 tournaments. If I have $ 200 then I’m already entering a $ 2 tournament and so on. Sure, you shouldn’t be playing $ 5 tournaments yet.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play satellites for tournaments, the cost of the satellites 2 dollars or less ,, 888 Poker you find .50 for the big fish that are very good tournaments, in party poker what I would do is play the sit and go of .40 and the. 80, win the first and second innings of 1.10 for the tournament and 2.20 respectively, that style of satellites would play, that strategy would lead, in other places it is similar,in a short time you can increase it in a very good way ,If you are good at cash I would still be there, I don't have great advice to give in cash:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

T

tata777rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not go to high limits, you will be beaten there and you will lose your money.:) I think until you consistently win at the current limit, you have nothing to do at other limits.
And, also, try not to go below $ 50, if you lose several games in a row, close the program and go do other things. In two days you can try again.:D

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the best option is play $0.50 Tournaments or Sit & Go, maybe a $1 MTT. Other good option for me is play cash in NL2. :)

Sorry for my english :D

H

hanski4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny enough my bankroll is curently 70 as well so thanks to everyone for the tips

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would recommend starting in the 1c/2c cash games and move up to 2c/5c when you have 30 buy-ins which is $150.

5c/10c or $5 tournaments are way too high for your current bankroll by the way. I would highly recommend against playing in those games.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
before the game ask yourself a question and ask yourself I have $ 70. I have one piece of advice to you, my friend, if you are going to play poker and make money with it, I’m not talking about big money, but I’m just talking about small amounts, I advise you to read the rules of the game theory and then start poker from the lowest limit, namely cash nl1- 2 and sng 0.25 $ playing playing with such a bankroll, even with a bad game, you will not soon go broke, but you will gain experience of knowledge, hone your game and understand your level of playing all the best poker victories good luck at the tables

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tournaments with a maximum of $ 5 in MTT, the rest is to keep winning so that you keep increasing profits.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management