4 bet calling range sb

M

MarkInThePark

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play lets low stake tournament and stakes are 50/100 with 10 ante. You have played a tag style and he has played tag style his position is mp 2 and he opens to 3BB, you 3bet to 8BB, if he 4 bets here what is his range? And what is your 4bet calling range/ would you ever bluff here?

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Assuming you have this player out-chipped he's prolly going to have J's or better if he comes back over the top. If he makes it 14x BB here without going all in I would call w/no less than AQstd and hope for some flop equity like a K-10-9 or a flush draw. The risk has to be worth the reward so bluffing here without a suited hand is out of the question, imo.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a very recent experience this was 99.

I had opened big from EP 4.5x - short stack shoved and SB reshoved and had me barely covered - we were the 2 bigstacks at the table.

I folded AK just to see I would've flopped 2 pair. But I don't regret my action based on how things played out and....I had enough chips to sail into the FT. My villain w 99 knocked himself out with another one of these classic moves.

Good luck !

M

MarkInThePark

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Assuming you have this player out-chipped he's prolly going to have J's or better if he comes back over the top. If he makes it 14x BB here without going all in I would call w/no less than AQstd and hope for some flop equity like a K-10-9 or a flush draw. The risk has to be worth the reward so bluffing here without a suited hand is out of the question, imo.
Thank you for your answer!

Lets say he is a big stack and you use a Hud and he has 20% call on 3bets, but you have caught him raise-bluff from oop before then instead of shoving as a 4bet he raises to lets say 20bb, and that almost has you allin. Wich hands would you call with and wich ones do you expect him to have?

M

MarkInThePark

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a very recent experience this was 99.

I had opened big from EP 4.5x - short stack shoved and SB reshoved and had me barely covered - we were the 2 bigstacks at the table.

I folded AK just to see I would've flopped 2 pair. But I don't regret my action based on how things played out and....I had enough chips to sail into the FT. My villain w 99 knocked himself out with another one of these classic moves.

Good luck !
The other big stack, was he an aggresive player?

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play lets low stake tournament and stakes are 50/100 with 10 ante. You have played a tag style and he has played tag style his position is mp 2 and he opens to 3BB, you 3bet to 8BB, if he 4 bets here what is his range? And what is your 4bet calling range/ would you ever bluff here?

In low stakes, if someone 4-bets you, NEVER call. If you have a monster (AA KK QQ AK) shove. If you have TT 99 AQs and the likes, fold. They will probably never 4-bet you with a bluff, so either you are very strong and happy by going all in, or you fold.