20NL Hands Video

J

Jaywizzlez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Another week, and got another hand review video from a recent 20 NL "Online Home Game" session in my NYC Poker club.

Please let me know your feedback on any of my hands or content, thank you for the help and support!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another week, and got another hand review video from a recent 20 NL "Online Home Game" session in my NYC Poker club.

Please let me know your feedback on any of my hands or content, thank you for the help and support!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJPUjnjfmdU

Thank you for posting

In several of the hands you take betting lines or as in the KQ hand you suggest a betting line that seems to be aimed at winning hands not chips. You stated that a C-bet with KQ would take down the pot -if that is true we should never be C-betting this spot- we should be checking back as we would want to have some hands to protect our check back range as well as always trapping with only the A as an over card to the board.

The goal in NL games with players who we dominate is to stack them or to at least build bigger pots versus the bottom and middle of their range as these villains will over play the top of their range on their own.

In the KQ hand you did not stack the Villain the V stacked themselves. While it is a good idea to let villains do this we cannot always rely on them having top pair and stacking off with it. We want to have strategies that maximize range equity. In the case of the KQ hand we want to be thinking about how to get second pairs to put more chips in the pot on the flop. The QJ hand would have stacked off anyway but 99 88 may have check folded the turn or river. So is there a betting action we could use that gets the same result from QJ and also increases our return from 99 88 etc?

Hope this helps
:):)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands