2021 Poker Journey

A

abcyrus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I started playing casually after waking up on the sofa to a wsop event in the early stages of 2020 lockdown and I haven't looked back.

Id normally gamble sports (english football) and have done okay over the years but want to have more of an influence over my betting so poker was a no brainer (or at least I thought!) So I decided to invest my time and resources that would normally go into football towards poker!

I started on stars playing micro stakes spin and gos which were fun for a while but it didn't feel like poker. So I quickly moved to 1.50 / 3.50 stake to sit and go's which I feel confident playing to this date.

I now play them daily alongside tournaments which I enter.

I'm not going to pretend I have a good record as a lot of the times I have been playing I havent been 100% focused on the game which is stupid because I am basically throwing my money away and this is something I have recently rectified after reflecting on my game. Overall though I feel I have a lot of potential and find myself improving each day.

Really what I want to know is how to improve my game as much and as quickly as possible? I've found a lot of resources of this forum which I am taking full advantage of and have already noticed an improvement to my game in regards to calling peoples bluffs as I've been reading them better and not sticking around in hands which aren't worth it.

There are still a few questions I have and I apologise if they have been answered elsewhere but I'm very new here.

How do you deal with post flop tilts? For example i fold k5 pre flop and the board comes 5 5 K. (I can safely say I have flopped a full house after folding hands I shouldn't be calling with)

Poker terminology - how can I brush up on mine?

What is the best way to improve my game by playing? (Different lobbies higher stakes??) I already watch a few pro poker blogs.

Anyway I look forward to hearing any advice you have to give.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"How do you deal with post flop tilts? For example i fold k5 pre flop and the board comes 5 5 K. (I can safely say I have flopped a full house after folding hands I shouldn't be calling with)"

That's a standard poker site gambit to put you on tilt. More tilt= more rake...

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. How do you deal with post flop tilts?
I take this kind of outcomes calmly because it is possible that cards will come out on the turn and river that will strengthen the opponent.

2. Poker terminology - how can I brush up on mine?
You can check out this course: Become A Winning Poker Player In 30 Days.

3. What is the best way to improve my game by playing?
To improve the level of the game, you need to disassemble your game and opponents in specialized programs. Removing weaknesses from the game step by step. You can also hire a coach, but this is not for everybody.
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

foldeamela

foldeamela

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
read a lot, watch play videos, review plays