B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What is a good volume to start with for a daily grind? I’m not really super keen on multi tabling but I think I can handle two or maybe three at a time I’m just trying to figure out how many tournaments I should try to plan a day. Obviously if we’re not having a good day will just quit when we get burnt out but if you have the energy to keep going what is a normal number for some of you guys. Haven’t posted on here in a long time and haven’t played too much poker since then but I feel like I got a bit of a bankroll now with about 100 buyins and wanna give it a go. Any advice from someone more experienced than me is much appreciated

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember in 20 hours of playing I played more than 50 tournaments. I didn't even notice it myself.Only then after a while I looked at the statistics and was surprised)I think you need to play as many tables as you have enough attention,in what tournament everything will go well, concentrate on that.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What is a good volume to start with for a daily grind? I’m not really super keen on multi tabling but I think I can handle two or maybe three at a time I’m just trying to figure out how many tournaments I should try to plan a day. Obviously if we’re not having a good day will just quit when we get burnt out but if you have the energy to keep going what is a normal number for some of you guys. Haven’t posted on here in a long time and haven’t played too much poker since then but I feel like I got a bit of a bankroll now with about 100 buyins and wanna give it a go. Any advice from someone more experienced than me is much appreciated

Depends on what your goals are.
If our goals are "I want to make $50 per hour playing poker" then the number of tables you play is going to be a function of your win rate. If you can make $5 per hour on one cash table, then you'll need 10 of them to make it to $50/hour.

If you're not making a measurable hourly profit, then I'd stick to one table until your game improves. No sense in losing faster.

Others will do calculations in big blinds per hour or big blinds per 100 hands...and then work it out from there.

Essentially, set your target win. measure your win rate...and determine the table number as the factor which gets you to the total.

That said, most people cannot play more than three or four tables at a time without some practice, let alone 10+. I'd start with two...then three..then four... then six or eight. If you want more...get more/bigger monitors!

Good luck!

Cheers,
JT

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was is basically up to you and what you are trying to accomplish. Start with what you feel comfortable with. If you are bleeding money and can’t constantly cash in your chosen tournaments you may need to rethink your strategy or the amount of tables. Just my opinion.

Z

Stay Safe