Total posts
Chips
My 2/5 NL stats as recorded in the Poker Income app:

$/Hour: $143.5
Duration: 272 hours
Cashed: 31/41(75%)
Big Bet/Hour: 28.7
$/Hour Std Dev: $332.04

Are 272 hours enough to say I am a good player in the 2/5 cash game? Is this record sustainable for the long run? I have never seen such high winrate reported by any other players. All I can find is that a good 2/5 player can win $40 - 70 per hour.

Please let me know your thought.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats! You're killing it! From what I've heard on the subject, conventional wisdom is that $40 - 80 / hr are the top players in the room. I think 272 hours is enough to prove you are beating the game for a good clip. Statistically this is a drop in the bucket in live poker though. Most will say you should have at least 50,000 hands before you have a more accurate measure of how dramatically you are beating the game. At live poker pace that could easily take 2,000 hours. There's a 90% confidence formula that can help you get an idea of your range that converges more quickly than playing a full 50k hands. I'd re-assess at 500 hours and 1,000 hours. Be optimistic. You're crushing it. But most likely you will be crushing it at a bit lower rate when you reach 1k hours.

Here's the formula if you're interested in keeping an eye on this as your volume increases:
2*(stdvhrsbb)/sqrthrsplayed

If you defy the odds and maintain 20+ BB / hr over 2k hours please come back and tell us how you did it!

A

Alexchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats! You're killing it! From what I've heard on the subject, conventional wisdom is that $40 - 80 / hr are the top players in the room. I think 272 hours is enough to prove you are beating the game for a good clip. Statistically this is a drop in the bucket in live poker though. Most will say you should have at least 50,000 hands before you have a more accurate measure of how dramatically you are beating the game. At live poker pace that could easily take 2,000 hours. There's a 90% confidence formula that can help you get an idea of your range that converges more quickly than playing a full 50k hands. I'd re-assess at 500 hours and 1,000 hours. Be optimistic. You're crushing it. But most likely you will be crushing it at a bit lower rate when you reach 1k hours.

Here's the formula if you're interested in keeping an eye on this as your volume increases:
2*(stdvhrsbb)/sqrthrsplayed

If you defy the odds and maintain 20+ BB / hr over 2k hours please come back and tell us how you did it!

Many thanks for your compliment and encouragement. I probably need to mention that the straddle is UTG 10 dollars so sometimes it will become 2/5/10 game. The game is also uncapped which means you can match the table max. Usually I will buy in almost the table max and we are playing 500+ BB deep.

I definitely want to play up to 500 - 1000 hours this year but the virus stuff pauses the pace. Now I realize how precious our poker time is. Good luck to you too man!

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't think this is sustainable, it looks like you're both running well and playing well. That combo is a wonderful thing while it lasts! What is always challenging is to play well while you're running poorly.