Where to buy poker chips/cards

T

TeeJayCarter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all,
I'm certainly not new to the game, but I am looking to host some home games for the first time. The only trouble I'm having is that I can't seem to find any decent chips to buy online anywhere. All I can find is the typical dice style chips and other cheap alternatives. I am looking for better quality and or numbered.

Any suggestions such as websites or local shops would be appreciated.
I'm based in Kent - UK if that helps...

PS.
I should also add, this is for after pandemic subsides and also for my family

Thanks again

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice to you find time in your garage take your favorite tools and make the best thing in the world that you will like and I think your friends at the poker table will like these are chips that will be of your design When you put them on the table I'm not alone your friend will not be able to say that they are not good this will be the most wonderful chips that can be in the world because they are made by your hands you have a design and of course it will be fun with your friends to discuss them over a glass of beer with!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have used cheap chinese poker sets bought off ebay and while they certainly do the job i finally bought the pokerstars branded set of 500 chips from pokerstars.store site. Yes the price is on the high side but quality on my set was good and much better than the cheap sets. Now the new sets that i see in their store look a little bit different so i can't comment about them but for almost 200$ they better be good.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely don't overpay for chips! You can get really nice sets without shelling out the big bucks. If you want good quality chips, look for smooth edges. They feel better than the hard cuts.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
mtl mtle end is the person you want to speak to about chip sets...

I'm sure he'd be able to suggest where to look for a good set.

~EDiT:- I was given a Grosvenor GPUK poker tour set (apparently tournament used) which is great for small home games...

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The ultimate poker chip website is "PokerChipForum.com".

There you will find out more than you ever wanted to know about poker chips, cards, and tables. The only problem is that it is a forum full of poker chip geeks who will not necessarily treat your noob questions with great patience. If you approach the forum with the attitude that you just want information and advice, you will receive an ample amount of both.

It is the place to learn all about different quality of chips and how to obtain them. It would be best to approach the question with knowledge of what game(s) and how many players you will host. The questions of starting stacks and breakdowns will be quickly addressed by members. Deciding on a budget would also be helpful, but this consideration often falls by the wayside.

There are quite a few Brits and Europeans on the forum who can recommend good sites to purchase online if that's the direction you end up choosing.

In the meantime, I can offer the first piece of advice given to all noobs on PCF: "GET SAMPLES". If you are really unhappy with the choices you have seen online, you can't get a true feel for the options without handling them - not a pun, literally true.

Poker Chips - History of Chips