What is more poker for you, logic or intuition?

C

Chingiz1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing for more than 15 years and have come across many times a situation where intuition is more important than logic. This is especially important when you are one step away from the prize group or the final table. More than once I had to make sure that I had to go all inn with 7 and 2 and fold with two aces.

I will be glad to see your comments on this topic.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing for more than 15 years and have come across many times a situation where intuition is more important than logic. This is especially important when you are one step away from the prize group or the final table. More than once I had to make sure that I had to go all inn with 7 and 2 and fold with two aces.

I will be glad to see your comments on this topic.

When I really break it down I find that intuition is just my subconscious mind working out all the math and combining it with the logical information of the given situation.

I think that intuition is the strongest factor as it includes the most information, but I don't go out so as to play 'lucky cards' or satisfy gambling urges/desires

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I feel like "intuition" is just subconscious being "logical" and what we call "logical" is the same thing but consciously. I think it is a natural step to state that the "logical" and "intuition" sides of a poker player both work together in the forming of decisions at the poker table.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Logic right?
Everyone should play by the logic.For example if you have 8 9 and there is flop AJJ
and opp raise half of your chips,what you do?
Answer is easy you will fold,because that is logical move.
But there is players who will call i guess and pray for 8's and 9's.

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck and logic ! These are probably the most important things in poker! Without which you just can not do.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Logic and intuition go hand in hand ... We cannot let them separate because they are essential for a good decision both in an MTT or Cash Game.

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Actually, I would say that not intuition nor logic but a statistic. And a luck :)