What is the best WSOP you have seen?

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, wsop 2008 was the best..

Incredible bad beats (quads vs royal flush), pros making a deep run and fun moments

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the one with jamie gold was the most interesting because he was such a villain. I hated everything about the guy and I wanted him to lose so bad lol. The other has to be moneymaker winning. The final table had a lot of legendary players and it's the one that started the poker boom.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In my opinion, Wsop 2008 was the best..

Incredible bad beats (quads vs royal flush), pros making a deep run and fun moments

I think for the past 10yrs. it is mostly pros who are final tabling the MainEvent (there's sooooo many of them).
It is hard to pick a favorite but I think the year Joe Cada played Darvin Moon in 2009 would be top of my list. That year I'd been bitten by the poker bug and was very excited to watch any coverage of it. (I was hoping for Darvin Moon to win)

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I probably enjoyed this past year most. The final table had a lot of character, and some controversy with tanking before every move by one player. It was interesting to watch, and the television coverage was quite extensive.

rayrc

rayrc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to decide which one is the best, but something that you have to do see is the first televised main event, the one in 1973. I've never seen it until today, it's a fun thing to see. Due to the extensive field of 13 players, 2 tables had to be made xD

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the moneymaker, that's where poker started for me and for many I think

K

kesh13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Moneymaker hands down opened the world of poker to a lot of pepole me for one.Thank you Moneymaker and congrats on that win

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How you mean? Are you talking about Main Events or full season?

Well for me is impossible to choose one ME or full season anyway.

I really enjoyed to watch Phil Hellmuth winning his 14th bracelet against Gorodinski in the Razz Championship back in 2015.

I saw many videos from old Main Events. Really love Stu Ungar win back in 1997. Or the 1998 win by Scotty Nguyen. Both Johnny Chan titles and his 2nd place in 1989 losing for Phil Hellmuth.

More recently: Greg Merson, versus Jesse Sylvia was nice. Joe Cada in 2009. Martin Jacobson in 2014.

So many good stuff man.

Can't pick just one. Sorry.

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to watch poker a lot over ten years ago. I watched every episode of the 2009 (Phil Ivey finishing 7th; amateur Darvin Moon's monster stack) and 2010 (a Canadian winning) main events and these two years were my favourite.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Agree with SPANKYSN on last year 2019.

All WSOPs are engrossing but I had been following Hossein Ensan for the last several years on the European Poker Tour. The commentary team in the early stages was not giving him much credit (unconventional in their eyes) but they did not seem clued in. Ensan had a serious track record on the EPT.

Ensan had won an EPT and several other European titles and anyone familiar knew once he gets a head of steam he plays fearlessly. As soon as he got some traction early in the tourney, I actually said Hossein could win this.

On top of everything he appears to be a really sweet, charming guy.

WSOP