What are the best live poker tells?

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im playing at a £15 buy in so mostly amateurs, last time i played i picked up a couple on 2 people, licking lips after seeing cards and someone staring at my chips when he had the nuts. When in a pot i just stared at a blank space on the table not moving to not give anything away. However doing this i couldnt pick up on any tells, what do you guys do and look for?
One i saw on youtube was how long they stare at whole cards for. I also thought 1 might be staring at the flop if its good (admiring it) doing a few blinks if the flop is awful... this might not be a tell, just 1 i thought was possible :)

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Staring at chips is a big tell and so is counting their own chips...also look at betting patterns...many ppl will bet differently if they have nuts or are bluffing and they tens to bet the same way over and over again

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone looks comfortable at the table it is usually a good indicator that they think they have the best hand. I believe the best way to see how strong someone is by getting them to talk to you and hearing how they respond.

LeChifre

LeChifre

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Won't give away all the secrets but generically

1. Get them talking if you can
2. Watch for behavioral changes, small ones!
3. Remember no 2 people have the same tell but once you find it you'll always get them!

And one little tip:
Watch which hand they use or how they put their chips in..... you'd be surprised with what you'll notice after an hour or two!

:jd4:

P

PokerWahoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
figure out the normal for each player and then see when they deviate. Pay attention between hands and you will be able to pick up what people do when they have the nuts, triple barrel bluff, etc. Do this for a few hours and poker becomes an easy game

L

LuckyRamen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which chips they reach for when it's not their turn to act. Unless they always reach for chips to stack/play with this can be a sign they're planning to bet/raise. Also which value of chip they reach for can also be an indicator of their action.

P

PokerWahoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which chips they reach for when it's not their turn to act. Unless they always reach for chips to stack/play with this can be a sign they're planning to bet/raise. Also which value of chip they reach for can also be an indicator of their action.

Very good one. The type of shuffle/how they play with chips can also be an indicator

H

havealittlefaith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Paying attention to everyone's breathing really helps me.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I always like when they get so excited they bet or raise out of turn. #IINSTAFOLD

D

Danb_1985

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im playing at a £15 buy in so mostly amateurs, last time i played i picked up a couple on 2 people, licking lips after seeing cards and someone staring at my chips when he had the nuts. When in a pot i just stared at a blank space on the table not moving to not give anything away. However doing this i couldnt pick up on any tells, what do you guys do and look for?
One i saw on youtube was how long they stare at whole cards for. I also thought 1 might be staring at the flop if its good (admiring it) doing a few blinks if the flop is awful... this might not be a tell, just 1 i thought was possible :)

If you’re not looking then I think bet tendencies and bet speed are good tells

Organize a Home Poker Game Poker Tells