Things not to do live when you are used to online!

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played live poker in a while, so used to online! Thought it might be fun to see if others have habits when they play online that they need to change or censor for live play.
I've got a habit of muttering "set it and forget it" when I hit my set, or calling for an Ace from Space. It's from watching a lot of twitch poker, lol.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's cool to train the control of your reactions, manias
and poker face playing online.
it works :cool:

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's cool to train the control of your reactions, manias
and poker face playing online.
it works :cool:

I agree!

I see final tables, the pros don't even blink, winning or losing, getting bad or busting. I believe that this is acquired with experience, after all knowing poker more and more, the clearer it is that they are probabilities and we are subject to them, training to react less and less.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes thanks! I've got to train my poker face while playing online. Good suggestion!

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've got a bad habit of calling peoples' hands. I catch myself though, especially when I'm out of the hand or if I am and there's more than one player involved. It's a habit I picked up from watching Negreanu. He's one of the great readers that let you know it. I've actually had to correct a player for trying to verbally put another player on a hand w/other players in the hand. The dealer even looked at me as to say, 'thank you'. If you're heads up that's between you and the villain.
Oh yeah, wear clean smelling shoes. I was seated at a table when a player sits down and about 30 seconds later an offensive foot odor began to attack my nostrils. Please wash your feet and shoes, players. It's for everyone's benefit. Thank you.

E

eduardo8269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not played live poker in a while, so used to playing online! I thought it would be fun to see if other people have habits when playing online that they have to change or censor to play live.
I have a habit of mumbling “define and forget” when I hit my set or ask for an Ace from space. It's so much to watch Twitch Poker, man.
I've also been really looking forward to playing live for a long time

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree!

I see final tables, the pros don't even blink, winning or losing, getting bad or busting. I believe that this is acquired with experience, after all knowing poker more and more, the clearer it is that they are probabilities and we are subject to them, training to react less and less.
mostly yes, the pros know how to behave at the table and not blink or express their emotions, but I saw a lot of live poker streams where the participant lost and became uncomfortable, he got stressed and such

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Amanda, I know how you feel being away from live poker for such a long time...I haven't played live since we were at the 2019 wsop Colossus for team Cardschat. You seemed to have done OK then, so if poker is like riding a bike, you'll be fine again. I am getting really excited...going to Vegas April for my first trip post Covid. If I do well, maybe I'll join the team again if there is a team going to the Colossus.

Organize a Home Poker Game