Texas holdem is just mainly a board controlled game.

S

Stingray101

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Texas holdem is mainly a board controlled game, not a player game. The board is 5 cards and the player has 2. You can know all the math and be always at the mercy of the board. Playing texas holdem is as exciting as watching paint dry. Majority of the time you are dealt crappy preflop cards. Texas holdem is so overrated, it's not funny. Just call it lottery poker, really sad. Most players who win a tourn, weren't mainly good, mostly mainly lucky.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well then dont play

holdem DOES require a lot of skill

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Texas holdem is mainly a board controlled game, not a player game. The board is 5 cards and the player has 2. You can know all the math and be always at the mercy of the board. Playing texas holdem is as exciting as watching paint dry. Majority of the time you are dealt crappy preflop cards. Texas holdem is so overrated, it's not funny. Just call it lottery poker, really sad. Most players who win a tourn, weren't mainly good, mostly mainly lucky.
No shit sherlock, it would be a boring game if everyone has AA, KK, QQ, AK, AQ, every hand.

How long have you been playing poker to come up with your theory. :hmmmm2:

:joyman:

S

Stingray101

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No shit sherlock, it would be a boring game if everyone has AA, KK, QQ, AK, AQ, every hand.

Your reply shows that you enjoy a boring game, you most love being dealt 2-7o, 5-10o, 3-9o, etc. A game should have good action, not be as dull as watching paint dry. Also to answer your question, I have played poker for 17 years. I have won at cash games and tourns, but find it to be a dull game. P.S. Small deck is becoming more popular, because you are taking the crappy low cards out. Probably you love crappy hands, by your reply.

S

Stingray101

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well then dont play

holdem DOES require a lot of skill

You mean more luck than skill. Texas holdem has been proven to be short term luck and long term skill. If you go broke in the short term, your long term skill my not mean squat. As your reply of, well then dont play, will that make the game better? NO!!!

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Your reply shows that you enjoy a boring game, you most love being dealt 2-7o, 5-10o, 3-9o, etc.
No, I'm just realistic, I would love to have AA every hand, but that would get boring really quick.

If you want action, try bluffing with 72os, now that's exhilarating. ;)

:top:
A game should have good action, not be as dull as watching paint dry.
And then people would be complaining how unrealistic the RNG is, and that it's all rigged for action, like we hear far too often.

:hmmmm2:
Also to answer your question, I have played poker for 17 years. I have won at cash games and tourns, but find it to be a dull game. P.S. Small deck is becoming more popular, because you are taking the crappy low cards out. Probably you love crappy hands, by your reply.
I was playing short deck poker in the 1980's, love short deck poker.

Try playing Manila if you like short deck action. https://gamerules.com/rules/manila-card-game/

:cool:

Last edited:
Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips

Exactly Nick!

S

Stingray101

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I'm just realistic, I would love to have AA every hand, but that would get boring really quick.

If you want action, try bluffing with 72os, now that's exhilarating. ;)

:top:

And then people would be complaining how unrealistic the RNG is, and that it's all rigged for action, like we hear far too often.

:hmmmm2:

I was playing short deck poker in the 1980's, love short deck poker.

My friends and I play Money Card and short deck Money Card. We play it 9 low style also. Take out the 10's-K's. How Money Card regularly is played is a 3 card preflop, a 2 card flop, 1 card turn, and each player gets their own Money Card.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each to their own I guess, personally I love the action from Texas hold em, love a bit of PLO and Gin Rummy really gets my juices going. Maybe after 17 years you just got bored? I want to learn 7 card stud next. Never played short deck but I will be trying it at some point to see what all the fuss is about, dont knock it til you try and all that.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pre-flop play can avoid anything the board may or may not hold. Taking down the pot pre-flop makes the board, well, obsolete. Save a little rake, too. Hmmm... :hmmmm:

A

AceOfJax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are tons of aspects after the board cards come out that involve skilled play in holdem. Slow playing, aggressive betting, check raising. Plus the ability to read players is almost always crucial. Those are all skill sets used in no limit holdem. Hundreds more that could be mentioned. LIMIT HOLDEM is mainly a board controlled game, but not the case for no limit. The poster of this thread obviously is very naive to the aspects of the game.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Poker goes beyond the cards, and even the game with the cards is to way complex, once a skilled player can play even with the cards outside the hand.

Top 10 Games Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules