Starts from 2BB or 1BB?

lialighttt

lialighttt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
What do you think about 1BB on button. It's marks me as fish?

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your left with 1 BB you do not scare anyone anymore, so do have 1 BB left as you fold equinity is gone

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
What do you think about 1BB on button. It's marks me as fish?
Do you mean should you limp from the button? It depends... It depends on the actions of the players who acted before you, your hand, etc.
So does it make you look like a fish? Not necessarily.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What mark you as a fish isnt one decision only. At least for me.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually raise from button with a very wide range, if the blinds seem to fight back regularly, I then tone it down (somewhat). I am playing against rec players that aren't really seeing a button raise as a standard. Still, raising from button in your wider range still gives you optimal position even if they call (they have no idea what you are holding and you the button are last to act to show strength). I raise the same BB's from every position to mask my hand strength in general. Limping or choosing bet sizing by position seems to lead to a mess by any observant player, that's why I always raise the same size from whatever position I am playing and fold according to position by range (unless I sense someone is a maniac or getting more out of line than usual), or if the board is wet or dry I switch it up. This is from a tournament poker perspective, I am probably giving the worst advice when it comes to cash lol.

The button is powerful, because of position, choosing different raise sizing from different positions can lead to a disaster.

I only break even overall in tournament poker, so again, this obviously isn't the best advice lol :)

Playing this way usually gets me to FT, that, and using my observation skills of people in general:)

Stay off your phone, watch how fast people call, how they look at their cards, their bet sizing, their posture... all of that. Very few players will do reverse tells if they are recreational. Just watch them and follow their lead:)

Last edited: