So I was playing with my friends yesterday...

Ace de Espadas

Ace de Espadas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing with my friends yesterday (Limit Hold'em) and I was picking up a ton of small pots and must have won like 10 hands in a row. So I drove some guys into the ground and it was down to two of us. I really wanted to kick his ass because I've never played with him before and he thinks since Im not a very serious person, I will suck at the tables. So anyways me and him were going at it until he said "Ok I gotta do something at 8 so this next hand is an all in hand." To my believes these hands where you go all in are completely luck. There is no stratagy at all. So I get some crappy ass hand like :2d4: :5s4: and he gets :8s4: :8d4:

He went on to win and I am just going to argue that, that wasn't a real win. WHat do you think?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell him if he leaves he gets blinded off as standard.

Or maybe get him to agree some sort of deal with someone else to carry on playing for him, with any winnings split as agreed. Depends how seriously yer taking it I guess.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough cookies for him. You think you could do that at any tournament besides a home one and get away with it? I don't let them off the hook, especially if I know I can beat them heads up.

I would make him late or make him find a substitute to finish it out at worse (no ringer either).

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like he quit to me. Don't call the All-in and wait for the next hand. If he gets pissed and gets up, take his money and thank him for the game. If not he has to keep playing. It sounds like a "serious" home game right? Not just a bunch of dudes getting drunk and playing cards? Anyway you just can't quit a game.

Ace de Espadas

Ace de Espadas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea it was pretty intense and I was really trying to prove myself. I guess next time i'll be more asertive next time.

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Assuming there was any $$$ on the line you've got to protect yourself. I would agree to changing the stakes to NL and play on. This gives you some chance to choose your spots. He can go allin every hand if he wants to. This "Hey it the last hand" crap just shows he's not a real poker player.

Or settle on a chop.

BTW, don't you think it's strange that he says "I gotta go at 8" then gets
88.:eek:

Goldog

Ace de Espadas

Ace de Espadas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Goldog said:
BTW, don't you think it's strange that he says "I gotta go at 8" then gets
88.:eek:

Goldog

WOW I didnt think of that. :eek:

El Viajero

El Viajero

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds to me like you were mugged. Dont take that crap off him again next time. And do us a favour... give his kitty a good spanking!