Poker tournament, Limping

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am button short stack…. 12 bb. ,Q4o, Active table, cut off calls as does hijack , and one early caller, I complete…Bb checks, sb completes.

what the heck,,,,, a lot of limpers…. Bb was never raising anything…. Crazy guys calls everything anyway….

flop, Q 2 4 rainbow…. Check around to cut off… All in…

I call of course….

everyone else folds….

cut off rolls over KK…

‘’no helpers… I more than double up….

never limp…

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
He can also be the type of guy who limps in waiting for a raise to get all-in.
Anyway, don't worry!

These guys will NEVER understand why... let's keep letting them be 'smart'.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think you should be result oriented, just because the play worked in this instance does not make it right. With 12bbs you are not getting paid enough when you hit to compensate for the vast number of times you will have to fold.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am button short stack…. 12 bb. ,Q4o, Active table, cut off calls as does hijack , and one early caller, I complete…Bb checks, sb completes.

what the heck,,,,, a lot of limpers…. Bb was never raising anything…. Crazy guys calls everything anyway….

flop, Q 2 4 rainbow…. Check around to cut off… All in…

I call of course….

everyone else folds….

cut off rolls over KK…

‘’no helpers… I more than double up….

never limp…
The main thing is the result, but not the result of one hand or one tournament, but the result of, for example, a hundred tournaments. I'm a firm believer that you can play any way you want as long as you have good results in the long run.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
sometimes limping is the best strategy to get the otimistics trap!

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
You were given information, Note for future reference, that this player limps premium pairs in the cut off. When you see big cards flop in the future and this player has limped pre and bet out the flop you can happily fold because you have snapshot of his limping range.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Worked well this time, but I think overlimping Q4o is generally a losing play. As of course is limping KK

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Never say never! Limping with KK is asking for trouble tho, unless you really expect someone to be shoving over the top!