Poker - Supplemental income (how to improve)

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I understand everyone wants to be rich at this game, that is not my interest, I just want to figure out a way to make extra money to work on other projects artistically. I think that people making great money at this is awesome etc, not at all knocking it, just not at all what my interests are.

So, my question is...what is the best way to improve? I would ideally like to have a live chat convo to answer questions I can't seem to find an answer to via txt lol. Would I go to fiver for this? If so, who is best? Is there a way to perhaps open a doorway to live chat questions that I think can only be answered via voice (since I can't for my own lack of communication abilities explain via text) ?

Thanks

Last edited:
JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not everyone wants to be rich at this game. I don't.

But to answer your first question - focus exclusively on low stakes cash games or low buy-in STT sit & go's. Develop a winning strategy (which is not that difficult to do) and stick to it religiously. Only change that strategy when it's clear that a change is required, then stick to that religiously. Stick to that low stake/buy-in and do NOT increase until you are so bored with winning that it would be counterproductive staying put. Then at the new stake/buy-in - repeat all of the above.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not everyone wants to be rich at this game. I don't.

But to answer your first question - focus exclusively on low stakes cash games or low buy-in STT sit & go's. Develop a winning strategy (which is not that difficult to do) and stick to it religiously. Only change that strategy when it's clear that a change is required, then stick to that religiously. Stick to that low stake/buy-in and do NOT increase until you are so bored with winning that it would be counterproductive staying put. Then at the new stake/buy-in - repeat all of the above.

Thanks for reply, I agree 100%. Sorry about the rich comment, my humor gets away from me when I am trying to budget etc playing live. I just have a few questions pertaining to live play that I simply cannot figure out...but I think they can only be answered easily when I play again. I think I will just pay someone to answer some live game questions my dumbass can't seem to figure out, and really I don't have the mind to put them into text questions.

My strategy works, or at least I feel so, I cashed my last tournament, it's the fundamentals of live play I am having issues with apparently.

I have no ego in this game, it is just a game, just like I wasn't phased by someone pissed off by how I play (I do not care how you feel how I play hombre).

Last edited: