Need advice on playing offline

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I qualified for the offline tournament. The problem is that I've never played like this before. And I wanted to ask how to do it so that I would not immediately give out the moment that I was the first time. How to behave at the table. Need advice...)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I qualified for the offline tournament. The problem is that I've never played like this before. And I wanted to ask how to do it so that I would not immediately give out the moment that I was the first time. How to behave at the table. Need advice...)
Do not tell the table this is your first time playing live.

If there is something you are not sure about - ask the dealer or the floor.

My advice is to announce your bet size verbally (clearly to the dealer). Say the entire number - 2650 - two thousand six hundred and fifty....etc.

Take your time with each decision.

Good luck !

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Don't be nervous. Maintain maximum concentration. Be patient. Think carefully about every decision you make.
Good luck :)

CitizenOfSky

CitizenOfSky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
When you want to raise you should say that you are raising. If you put one chip without announcing "raise" dealer will interpret it as "call".

For ex. Villian open-raises 150$ and you want 3-bet 500$ using one 500$ chip. You should say "Raise" or "Five hundred" or "Raise 500"

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to keep track of the pot, and if you can, the stacks of your opponents. Online this matter is easier, you have the numbers there, offline not.
But you can always ask for the numbers at the live table. Also, the bigger chips should be positioned in front of the stack.

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks everyone for the advice. Very scary, but beginners are lucky ;) . Most likely there will be a TV broadcast, I will show how I played but it will be in Ukrainian. Thanks to all .

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Good luck brother.
It is a beautiful experience.
The advice was already given to you by colleagues.
Just one more, don't be afraid of those who make you look mean when they bet you hahaha Play your game. Try to observe all the hands, their gestures, both in a firm bet and in a bluff, they always give you some sign or information that can help you if you later have to face them.
Good luck and post how your experience went.
Cheers;););)(y)(y)(y)