Live tournament 10-9s in Late. position

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi poker friends .
I was playing a live tournament and my table was really passive . Those players were calling even with QQ+ .
I had more than 30 BB in this hand . I played because the next blind would be 500-1000 . I was playing a tight aggressive style at the same time I was playing few hands.
Do you think that in the long term this move is profitable?
https://pokerbankrolltracker.net/replayer/17731

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi poker friends .
I was playing a live tournament and my table was really passive . Those players were calling even with QQ+ .
I had more than 30 BB in this hand . I played because the next blind would be 500-1000 . I was playing a tight aggressive style at the same time I was playing few hands.
Do you think that in the long term this move is profitable?
https://pokerbankrolltracker.net/replayer/17731

Terrible runout for you.

And even worse the "calling station" woke up with AA and the "loose passive" rivers trips.

I don't hate your attempt but I don't love it considering your description of the table's behavior.

It sounds like bigger hands would have just flatted behind you. You had a decent draw on the flop but that is it.

And, your opponents were not folding - which considering their descriptions was not surprising - but you couldn't beat much and up against two opponents is not good.

It seems more like you were bored and tried to make a play that seemed to have hope on the flop (with ten high).

Good luck !

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Terrible runout for you.

And even worse the "calling station" woke up with AA and the "loose passive" rivers trips.

I don't hate your attempt but I don't love it considering your description of the table's behavior.

It sounds like bigger hands would have just flatted behind you. You had a decent draw on the flop but that is it.

And, your opponents were not folding - which considering their descriptions was not surprising - but you couldn't beat much and up against two opponents is not good.

It seems more like you were bored and tried to make a play that seemed to have hope on the flop (with ten high).

Good luck !
Thanks a lot !! Well I know that I need to improve a lot and you were right I was not bored, I was on tilt because 2 hands before they were calling and one of them get his card in the river and I lost a nice pot .

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like a really bad spot for a bluff. You describe the table and players as passive and stationy. So when passives / stations donk lead two streets and you also have calls behind you, your bluff has very little chance of getting through. With the added gut shot on the turn just flat and jam river if you get there. The station will likely still pay you off and who knows if the other guy will come along or not. These player types will often allow you to have the best of both worlds, so flat the tiny flop and turn bets and give yourself a chance to win the max and lose the minimum since they are rarely folding anyways.

Organize a Home Poker Game