Live poker is rigged (minor WSOP ME spoiler about 1st bust out hand)

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
world series of poker 2007 Main Event, the THIRD hand

AdAh gets in with AcKc all-in PREFLOP (that's 200 big blinds in with AK pre-flop). The flop comes all clubs.

First-person account from the poor guy who busted out very first in the Main Event:

"I got it all in preflop with red AA vs. AKcc and he flopped a flush.
I raise 300, he 3-bets 1200 from BB, I 4-bet 4000, he 5-bet shoves."

Talk about sick. Just so so sick. The poker event people wait all year for, you get all your money in with AA as nearly a 90% favorite on the 3rd hand, and that happens. This kind of thing happens online and people go crazy calling it rigged. Welcome to POKER

The rest of the thread about the hand made by the victim of the beat himself can be read here:
The 2+2 Forums: OT: IWEARGOGGLES FIRST PERSON TO BUSTO 2K7 ME!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
loooool AK arrin for 200BBs, wp sir

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obv didn't read threads about 9 all ins with AA first hand of the wsop. I guess he felt safe on the third hand... ;)

B

buckit0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So what, thats like $3333.33 a hand?? I know I've got a few things I can think of I'd rather buy for that price instead of a hand of poker :p. But ok what would everyone else have done, same position?
Called the re-raise or not? I know if/when I get to the main event I want to be seeing more then 2 cards before going all in this early is all.

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
then to add insult orbitz told him it would cost $130 to change his flight.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what, thats like $3333.33 a hand?? I know I've got a few things I can think of I'd rather buy for that price instead of a hand of poker :p. But ok what would everyone else have done, same position?
Called the re-raise or not? I know if/when I get to the main event I want to be seeing more then 2 cards before going all in this early is all.

Please, lets not start this discussion again.

If you're not getting all your chips in the middle with aces in that position, you're either playing with scared money, or just don't know poker. Push those bullets all day every day.

B

buckit0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah and I totally agree in every instance EXCEPT this one. I mean biggest tournment of the year, 3 hands in, I most likely push on the turn BUT had this guy called and seen 3 clubs he wouldn't be first out more then likely. Im not saying be scared of aces, i'm saying 3 hands and life on the line kinda too early for me. Every other day of the week definatly pushing all-in with aces.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are we raising aces in the first place then if we're not prepared to get stacked preflop?

...I said I didn't want to get into this subject, but here we go! :/

B

buckit0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha no I'm saying I agree with you all but this one time on the cards and how to play them.But I dont like the thought of going out that early in the main event is all. The other guy seemed commited to his hand, see a flop, stay around longer, that's how I like to start tournments. Just seems a tad bit of a waste of $ for 3 hands. But im cheap as well that's just me :p

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll bet all you people who wouldn't even call an all-in with AK vs. a random hand feel silly now.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha no I'm saying I agree with you all but this one time on the cards and how to play them.But I dont like the thought of going out that early in the main event is all. The other guy seemed commited to his hand, see a flop, stay around longer, that's how I like to start tournments. Just seems a tad bit of a waste of $ for 3 hands. But im cheap as well that's just me :p

But that's the thing. If that 10K is a small enough % of your bankroll - like %5 or less - then you should have no problem getting your stack in here.

Even more so considering it's the main event and that to make the good money, you have to reach the final table, and thus would jump at any opportunity to double up.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah and I totally agree in every instance EXCEPT this one. I mean biggest tournment of the year, 3 hands in, I most likely push on the turn BUT had this guy called and seen 3 clubs he wouldn't be first out more then likely. Im not saying be scared of aces, i'm saying 3 hands and life on the line kinda too early for me. Every other day of the week definatly pushing all-in with aces.
So, you paid $10,000 to play in the WSOP to see hands? Are you a tourist or a poker player?

MrDaMan

MrDaMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There might have been a time when actually ONLY pros played the WSOP main event that A/A could be folded under exacting circumstances and even then it would've been VERY rare.

Todays game with it's recent explosion in popularity is a different animal than it used to be. Especially the WSOP main event, all through the event, early, mid and late stages the majority of the action isn't "tight aggressive" it's just plain "aggressive". The ebb and flow of the event will of course vary but the majority of the action is "No Fear/Aggressive".

Watch the old videos of the old tournaments and compare them to some of the more recent tournaments. The infusion of more and more of the youthful players and add the point that more players are "gamblers" rather than "skilled poker players" and the luck quotient has gone up considerably.

Tight aggressive is the way to play this tournament, suck outs and bad beats will be numerous, in order to win this tournament you'll have to make your way through that and you can't survive not playing. You'll have to play to win, pushing every edge you get, you play those ACE's, if they draw out on you, if you get bad beat, then you suck it up, that's poker.

B

buckit0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So, you paid $10,000 to play in the WSOP to see hands? Are you a tourist or a poker player?

Well living in new zealand I'd be a bit of both:p But seriously I don't see the point in busting out when the blinds aren't going to hurt you for a long time. I'm wanting to see more then 2 cards for my main event life. Any other tournment yeah I'm in. Still either way a sick beat.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like you have a sense of humor. But think about it, AA wins about 80% vs a random hand, probably closer to 85% of the kind of hands that would push all-in PF. What are you waiting for?

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You gotta call this Buckito, lotta stuff to do in Vegas besides poker.

edge-t

edge-t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You're being result-oriented. Let's say there's 0% chance of Villain sucking out, would you call?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look at the mileage this guy is already getting from busting out like that. Worth every penny of it.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does this show:

Poker is gambling. No hand is bullet proof. Someone has to be that 2% or 10% suckout artist.
Doesn't matter if it is a $1 SnG or $10k WSOP main event. You will still find DONKEYS that will not lay down hands.
A Monster vs Monster happen at the beginning, middle and end of tournaments.

Last edited:
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're afraid of going out early in the tournament, don't play the tournament.

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there isnt anyway id fold this hand, if i get sucked out on it would at least feel alot better than making some bonehead move,( like folding a full house at the final table on TV, sorry had to say it lol), and getting knocked out not by bad luck but by a bad play. heck could even make it to brewfest in time.:D

WSOP Organize a Home Poker Game Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands