Live Poker - In-person vs. Online

A

acivia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm wondering what other people think about which live poker type is easier (better success for you) - playing live poker in-person versus online.

On one hand, playing live poker in-person can help to keep you focused without other distractions around you, can enable you to hone in on tendencies of others, and can key you in to potential tells of another player. On the other hand, playing live poker online can ensure that you can think outloud, play in silence, and you can't give off any physical tells to another player.

Curious to hear what others think while we are in this COVID world still.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that every player has a favorite style of play, for example I like it more online, because you can play at any time you want any kind of game (cash, tournaments, fast games).

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I prefer a live setting for the simple fact I can leave w/cash in hand. I like playing online for the convenience. As for reading the table and all that drama it doesn't really matter, numbers don't lie.

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played l've since the start of covid but hoping to host a game soon with my poker buddies. I think working out the number of BB will take some practise as well as estimating what's in the pot as it's been a while....

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The opportunity to play at low limits can become "manna from heaven" for a poker player who is trying to spin a small bankroll. You can find very small limits online: $0.10/$0.25, $0.25/$0.50 and $0.50/$1.00, while in live poker, the blinds start at $1.00/$2.00. Trying to increase your bankroll in online poker at low limits, the amount of money you will lose in the process will be significantly lower than in offline. Playing at several tables at the same time is the main reason why the number of hands online is much higher than on a real table for the same period of time. It is possible to play cash games and tournaments at the same time, which has a positive effect on your bankroll. Of course, it is worth combining different strategies only if you are equally good at them. If you want to pull multi-table tournaments – the help of a professional is just what you need! Namely, the author's course of the top MTT coach Leonid Donleon! In just 6 classes, you will learn how to fill the stack at all stages of tournaments, you will work professionally with poker programs and as a result, you will often get into prizes and take first places in MTT. Click on the banner below, sign up and conquer MTT!

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Jay wants to know

I think it depends on your style, if you have tells like I do but I know I do and know how to change it up. I find it easier to play looser online.

T

Tiltmode1987

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had more success playing live. I think i get too complacent online and playing live i am more focused and into the game

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both online and live poker have their pros and cons.
An advantage of live tournaments online, for example, is that if you fall out, you can go to another tournament and another tournament right away, and you can even sit in several tournaments at the same time, which is a huge advantage over live tournaments. For example, if you can sit in a live tournament for a maximum of few side events, then the long trip home or another tournament tarvelling can come, I think it can be quite tiring.
On the other hand, you can play dozens of tournaments online in as little as a few hours if you want and you don’t even have to leave your room, which is a pretty good thing.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer live poker. I play live poker in Las Vegas or Niagara Falls, New York, which means that I am on vacation. I am usually more relaxed and enjoy the experience. I also get to interact with other players, which I cannot do online because I am either playing on my tablet while on the treadmill, or I am just too slow to type and make good poker decisions.

Organize a Home Poker Game