live play rule question

AnnoDomino

AnnoDomino

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only live games i play are home games with friends

in live play do you have to show both of your cards at the showdown when you have been called?

online always shows both cards, but do you have to?

last night, i had Q4 in the BB

the board ended up QQ6 10 A

when called after the river, i showed my queen and said 'three queens'

my opponent showed his queen and asked what my other card was

i said my best hand was the queens, the ace and 10 and if he wanted to take the whole pot he would have to show better

he said i had been called and had to show both of my cards

it wasn't an issue, but none us really knew what the rule is

anyone know the answer to this?

anno :confused:

gjshand

gjshand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get "called" you have to show, your opponant has "paid" to see your hand.

I'm not sure on the official rule for the caller, some say he has to show when it is a show down in a tourney, some say they only need to show if it's an all-in. My personal feeling is that in a tournement you should both turn over, this excludes the possibility of collusion,

J

jayranger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah You need to show as etict When one pays to see at the showdown.

Bill_Hollorian

Bill_Hollorian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you must show both. The reason is not that your opponent has paid, but to confirm you do not have two A of hearts, or any other nonsense, which BTW I have seen. A guy flipped over a pair of 7's. The problem was the 7 on the board was a spade, as was the seven in his hand! Making my busted A high flush good. Although, we split the pot back to everyone, and got a new deck of cards.

mattisme

mattisme

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the other person bets and you just call they must show you their hand but it is optional for u to show

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to show to prove whom has the best hand.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AnnoDomino said:
...when called after the river...

If you bet the river and your opponent called, you show first, then your opponent shows, or has an option to muck if he is beat. You can demand to see his cards if he does this, though it's usually regarded as bad etiquette.

B

BeckyFlush

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He paid , you need to show both , cant just show half at showdown..

Cheers Becky

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usuualy when I lose a hand to someone, I usually push my hand face down in the muck pile and say "That beats me." If the player I lost against wants to see them, I show them. My experience with the players I face against usually don't care as long as they won. Every now and then, they ask to see them and I gladly show it becuase they "paid" to see it. So, if they won the hand and they ask to see them, you show. No exceptions!

Organize a Home Poker Game Poker Rules - Poker Games