Live home game players in Seattle

A

AceKing725

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Home poker games

In the Seattle area? I could even host a small game (myself plus three people). I have cards, chips, and a table. It would have to be low stakes; like $0.25/$0.50 PL or less.

Contact me at aceking725 at gmail.

A

AceKing725

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I know it's kind of a longshot, but we're used to drawing thin, right? You never know; maybe someone local will read this.

A

AceKing725

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like to have an actual game, on an actual table, with real chips. I know - primitive, right? I live in Seattle, and could host a small game (3-4 players) for low stakes (something like 25c/50c PLHL; or 5c/10c NLHE; or a tournament with a $20 buy-in. With so few players, I could run more than one tourney.

Any players in Seattle?

A

AceKing725

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
illegal poker at home haha

Not true. You must have a bona fide social relationship outside of poker. Even if the game is busted, all everyone has to do is say "We know each other outside of poker". Much more importantly, there must be no rake, or charge to play.

If I set up a home game, and try to charge a fee, or have a rake, that's illegal. If not, no problem.

No rake = no legal problem.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hmmmm great idea!

I think in the UK you can charge a membership "fee" for your "Club" costs and administration come out of that. The membership enforces rules such as non-disclosure and how prize money is distributed as a non-profit... private game... private club

Swingers clubs in the UK are set up like this.:eek::D

Home brewers are allowed to brew alot of beer but not allowed to sell it, though you can have a club membership and that evenings membership fee would cover all the alcohol your guest/s could possibly drink. some such clubs go from one home brewers home to another each weekend making a good deal of brewing Awards available to those sharing their creative hobbies and by passing local laws on distribution.

Where there is the will there is a way.

Stop when the fun stops or when you're likely to get arrested:D:eek::eek:

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not true. You must have a bona fide social relationship outside of poker. Even if the game is busted, all everyone has to do is say "We know each other outside of poker". Much more importantly, there must be no rake, or charge to play.

If I set up a home game, and try to charge a fee, or have a rake, that's illegal. If not, no problem.

No rake = no legal problem.

In most US states I believe you can charge an entrance fee.

A

AceKing725

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most US states I believe you can charge an entrance fee.

I wouldn't even try. It'd just be me plus two or three other players, in my apartment, for low stakes. I'm finding it very difficult (effectively impossible) to get any players at ALL, let alone try to turn it into a money-making operation.

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be careful, if you get caught running a home game, you could do time in jail. Also, in my area, a lot of home games got robbed at gunpoint. As long as you understand what can happen, then use your own judgement. Be careful.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would be fun but I am not from US.. Good luck to find buddies for poker night.

P

Pocemon12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a live poker tournament was attended by only relatives, I wonder what it's like for live tournament. I've always wanted to try, but I haven't had the chance yet.

A

adridog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wery good in poktablerzstars too make oun

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games