Live game other person not hiding cards

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Went to a live game for the first time, the person beside me wouldn't hide their cards. It was my first time with this group, so I didn't want to tell her I could see her cards. It's supposed to be a 'friendly' game, so I wasn't going to look. The weird thing was one time I had already folded so when I looked her way I saw she had A10 preflop, high bankroll and folded preflop.

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend still mentioning it to her for a few reasons. For one, it's not at all rude to let someone know they aren't hiding their cards well -- in fact they will likely thank you for it. Also, even if you are not looking, you never know if the person on the other side of them is. Generally it just reduces the quality of the game if there is ever the risk of cards being exposed like that, so I would probably say something as politely as possible.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Went to a live game for the first time, the person beside me wouldn't hide their cards. It was my first time with this group, so I didn't want to tell her I could see her cards.
I recommend telling her. The ability to see her cards offers hero an advantage that is not possible for other players.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games