Live at the Bike - "It was a joke"

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I agree the floor should have a made a firm ruling and not put it on Ryan to decide, that was kind of sheepish.. he clearly bet and let go of his chips and verbalized it, and only when he was called he tried to take it back.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Waw! This is poker!weird but poker is this way.Funny.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mike should be ashamed of himself,,, In one moment,he sold his soul/dignity/reputation for 10k,,,,he'll pay,just in a different way.:damnmate:

J

JustSoPro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I am glad he lost the money and hope he doesn't go back there. I remember the first time I played live, I checked on the river with a hand I had 3 of a kind with, and the villain started tanking... After like 5 minutes in the tank, he put his cards down and said "Aight, what do you have?" So I flipped my cards over thinking that was a call and then instantly re-raised as a bluff saying that it wasn't a call and I called him on it. Same villain tried angling me several times after that and one point when I was on a 24 hour live session, he started letting a dealer hand him a pot I won so I had to call the floor over to review the tape, just glad that I can trust myself even with no sleep.

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there's room for "it was a joke" when you're talking about people's money! It's one thing to be light-hearted and play a 7-2 game or a small blind jackpot or some other silliness - if everyone agrees. Not okay to deliberately break the rules.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet sizing FTW - bluff 10K into 900, I'm sure a full house will fold. ;)

How he expected to get anything back after literally sliding his rack of chips into the middle of the table is beyond me... Trying to take advantage of one of the nicer poker players out there.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand caught in the cookie jar lol

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats the reason I stick to online poker

If you listen, they comment that he had done it again a couple of times.

Floor should be fired, but as Ingram said, Mike is a reg and probably have good relations with floor. And thats the reason for that ruling.

If Mike didnt move his chips, maybe I could say its still an angle but a successful one, but after moving his chips he cant say I am just kidding.

On the other hand, you can see the asian guy next to Ryan starts laughing when Mike overshoves. Cause he understands Mike is probably joking. Ryan wanted to exploit that "I am joking" behavior, so thats the reason when floor said, Ryan its up to you he didnt say "hell yes, bring that 10k to me".

Last edited:
J

JustSoPro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whaaaat??? 24 hour live session??? Wow...
Shit happened IRL so I didn't want to go where I lived, had my phone turned off and used Poker as time to think by myself. After having 3 coffees an hour and leaving over $1000 up I felt better... My stomach felt like shit when I woke up after a long sleep though.

Last edited:
Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
A cruel joke, in my opinion.
Good luck.