I’m an idiot ..K7

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why in gods name would I play K7 off, it did have a return though apparently (from a player thinking I always played junk) which was before the break, I shoved with pocket 7’s where I heard a floor manger say “heat seeker” lol

What does heat seeker mean?

My thought with 7s before break : I could triple up (which I did) or I could rebuy if I bust out before rebuy/registration clock is over.

Thoughts ?

The 7s held and I tripled up lol, stupid? Maybe, but I don’t come to just cash out, I do it to win the tourney.

Didn’t win, but broke even with bounties, which is fine :) especially after 5 months of no live play.

Last edited:
YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Howdy! I call that strategy. “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak” - Sun Tzu.
Triple up or bust/ rebuy is a good plan. I've done it before. "Having no plan, is the worst plan" - Ylan.

Happy gaming!

Last edited:
ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I also use the K7 sometimes against short staks from the button if I catch a K or a 7 on the flop I'm already in as long as it's good dep vs the blinds and vs a 3bet allin I fold it. I also use them to steal allin in sb vs the bb I repeat as long as this dep

Bazil777

Bazil777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. In regards to your question, "heat seeker" is a term used to describe a player who is making aggressive plays and putting pressure on their opponents, usually with a large stack of chips. The floor manager may have used this term to describe your play with pocket 7s, as you were taking a risk by going all-in with that hand.

While it may have been a risky move, it sounds like it paid off for you in this particular situation. It's important to remember that poker is a game of calculated risk-taking, and sometimes taking a chance can lead to big rewards.

Ultimately, it's up to each individual player to decide when and how to make these kinds of plays. It sounds like you had a specific strategy in mind when playing the 7s before the break, and it worked out for you. Congrats on the triple up and breaking even with bounties!