If you were offered to cheat at a poker event would you accept the offer?

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hear about a lot of cheating scandals recently.
I wonder would you accept the offer to cheat at a livestream event?

Is your dignity for sale?
How do you recover if caught?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No, I would not accept an offer to cheat no matter what they offer me in return. I don't steal either, and that goes straight to stealing. I think that anyone who has even a little bit of decency won't be persuaded to do something like that

Danaire72

Danaire72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
The truth is that I don't know the point of cheating playing poker, or in any other event, nothing fills me with joy and satisfaction, knowing that I win without cheating. And the truth is that I would never accept any type of proposal that leads to any type of cheating, I would never do it nor have I done it. I've been playing poker for years, and I've never cheated.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Note that a large part of the public that is not well acquainted with poker still considers the game to be outright cheating. I would not cheat, ruin your reputation and this is disrespectful to an opponent who believes in honesty. Do not be tempted to resort to dishonest methods. Remember that victory is not everything, the main thing is fair play! Because this is a game of the mind. This is a battle of wits between the players. Your opponent must devote several hours to work and destroy his brain cells in order to get into a position in which he can play the game flawlessly.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi:)
For me I will not accept that, because poker for me is not just a game, it's a competition between myself first, then between competitors second, I'm trying to become a good player or a professional one day, so if I cheat I cheat myself not others

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, cheats will always get caught eventually. Your name would be tarred for live, nobody would ever want to play with you again. I think cheating happens a lot in live poker, anywhere there is money involved, you will find cheats...

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
YES. Sure I would accept it, for the simple reason that I like innovation, if it was foolproof and ground breaking and I would be the lab rat to test it, in the sense that no one would even think that it were possible and there was no humanly or AI-ly way to detect it or raise any suspicion because I cannot deal with the stress. I'm the kind of person shaking uncontrollably when going through an airport, even though I have never had anything illegal or even slightly offensive things on me, like not even a razor, that's my level of anxiety. So, I would be absolutely useless to even try it, I'd get spotted within seconds.

Mind boggling cheating doesn't exist though. Therefore, no. I would not accept cheating in any way, whether it is myself or someone else and if you try to cheat me I will hunt you down.

My dignity is not for sale but I could be, and I do not think there is any recovery from being caught. It has real and lasting consequences. I would throw rocks at you with every opportunity given.

Good luck!

P.S. I do like to be the odd one out and I bet no one else will say yes, so I'm a good contender at winning this competition. Yes, I made it a competition :>.

Last edited:
L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
At one point t in my poker career I didn't need to cheat, made tons of money without cheating. Now I still wouldn't cheat but don't make near as much as I used to

Bratuga

Bratuga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Of course I wouldn't accept it any more if you're unsportsmanlike you'll be caught easily and your career is over you'll never be able to play in major tournaments and your image would be destroyed worldwide because let's face it, poker is known worldwide. Think carefully before taking such action!

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
YES. Sure I would accept it, for the simple reason that I like innovation, if it was foolproof and ground breaking and I would be the lab rat to test it, in the sense that no one would even think that it were possible and there was no humanly or AI-ly way to detect it or raise any suspicion because I cannot deal with the stress. I'm the kind of person shaking uncontrollably when going through an airport, even though I have never had anything illegal or even slightly offensive things on me, like not even a razor, that's my level of anxiety. So, I would be absolutely useless to even try it, I'd get spotted within seconds.

Mind boggling cheating doesn't exist though. Therefore, no. I would not accept cheating in any way, whether it is myself or someone else and if you try to cheat me I will hunt you down.

My dignity is not for sale but I could be, and I do not think there is any recovery from being caught. It has real and lasting consequences. I would throw rocks at you with every opportunity given.

Good luck!

P.S. I do like to be the odd one out and I bet no one else will say yes, so I'm a good contender at winning this competition. Yes, I made it a competition :>.

You won!:ROFLMAO:
I was going to write like this before reading your message: -Do you think that anyone who accepts a cheating proposal would say that here?😬