ASHUKPOK

ASHUKPOK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.
I want to continue the topic of Sochi 2020, which did not take place due to the pandemic. I immediately draw attention to the fact that this topic concerns players from Russia who are trying to qualify for the action game.

Today, a series of qualifying freerolls for 50 tickets for the stage of the weekly draw for one place in SOCHI began.

Having today's experience of participating in the first of them, I highlight two points that should be taken into account when communicating.
1. The number of applicants and their level allow you to achieve prizes by dynamically increasing the stacks. I noticed that at the initial stage, the card comes to all players in turn - the main thing is to catch this moment.
2. In the final stage, before the prize draw, a good hand goes to players who maintain their stack level slightly above average.Therefore, you should try to keep track of the stack, not allowing it to decrease much.

As a result, I did not get into the prizes today - I finished in 74th place, making a mistake when approaching the final stage. The opponents played a pair of hands with a limp, which I did not enter with AQs and J8s. As a result, "my" hands won, and I was unable to secure my stack to the prizes.

And I lost on the last card on the river, when I went all in with a small pocket pair.
On pokerstars, this is a typical case when you are run over by a player with a larger stack than you, when you are the leader on the turn...

Good luck with the selection!:D

Attachments

• 0604 last card SoCHI 2021 FR 74 position.jpg
    0604 last card SoCHI 2021 FR 74 position.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 22
Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should use strong hands like AQs, especially if your opponents don't raise big preflop and give you the opportunity to see the flop cheaply or get aggressive.

ASHUKPOK

ASHUKPOK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I took a week off. I participated again yesterday. Once again, I was eliminated from the tournament with the last card on the river.

Attachments

• 1504 last card Sochi21 out.jpg
    1504 last card Sochi21 out.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 12
ASHUKPOK

ASHUKPOK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi.

Once again, the last card on the river knocked me out of the tournament.:(

Here it is natural. My chances were initially lower...

Attachments

• 2104 last card Sochi21 out.jpg
    2104 last card Sochi21 out.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 4