Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to sit at the same table with Tracid she always throws out funny emojis this is very nice to watch😊

Remember, I'm playing in some rooms full of recreational people, I see this sometimes, one or the other is hurt by a bad beat, then he fills the chat with his frustration, some are throwing dozens of things at each other, here's a curiosity, of course where do they take this? Not that I'm going to play it someday, but I looked and couldn't find it, on PS, PS, and to be very specific.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy the social interaction...otherwise, I would just play online. When I am playing live, that means I'm on vacation, so the purpose of poker is for entertainment...I mostly like talking to fellow players if they are nice...if they are complete jerks, I ignore them...I do not engage with stupid players, because you cannot win a verbal war, and you end up on TILT.

I do not (or more accurately CANNOT) chat online because my typing skills are so poor and slow...by the time I finish a comment about a certain hand, it's usually 6 hands later.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't chat a whole lot at the table just because I'm trying to gather info on everyone. I'm not opposed to it. Making conversation usually happens after a hand. I will trick a player into telling/giving me info about a hand they've made me fold. Usually, I'll make a comment about some weird holding, so they'll prove me wrong. For example, I was in a hand with JdJs. I raise standard 3xBB from late pos and the short-stacked BB calls. The flop is 7c-8c-10d. The rank of the cards are not my concern here since I have him on AXc's. He checks and I bet 1/3 the pot and he calls. The turn brings a 5d and even more straight possibilities for his A4/6/9/. He checks and so do I. A jack of clubs hits the river, and he shoves all in. I tank for about 20 seconds and eventually fold. I told him, not asked, that the jack helped him make his straight. He grinned, snorted a little, and then turns over A6 of clubs. I nudge the guy to my right and say, "I love it when they prove me wrong." Validation for my correct read/fold.
So, I guess some chat is actually worth it.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That, and I am a real good sport, if I shove all in and some calls I always say good luck or if they win the hand I always say nice hand (or tap the felt which gestures nice hand). Or let’s say I shove pocket aces and they call with KK, I always say well you may hit a king! I just like to keep things positive, that and what’s the point of tilting when it’s just variance, best to just have fun.
You're a true sportsman. ❤️

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I always thought that conversation was apart of the game 6,8,or 9 people sitting around a table not saying a word to each other now that would be just weird. I've been playing poker for close to 40 years and i can't say i have sat at a table where no one had a conversation of some kind,nor have i ever play a game with the no talk rule :confused:.
Might as well be at a blackjack table where, usually, everyone looks like someone pooped in their oatmeal. :)

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you mean live poker, then even very much so. A person always gets excited with a very good card and thus betrays himself with his usual movements. I played live only as a kid and then I saw movies about poker.
Don't be to quick to make your move in that situation, because it might backfire on you. This is from a post I made earlier this year:

"Back in the 90s I was playing seven card stud at Foxwoods. I was sitting on the end to the dealer's right and four or five cards had been dealt. Myself and a heavy set man sitting across from the dealer were building a big pot. I didn't get what I needed on the sixth card but on the seventh, dealt face down, I did and unfortunately I gave a slight smile. I saw that he'd noticed it, and when I bet he folded. Half an hour or so later he and I were in the same situation. This time I didn't get the card I wanted. So when I looked at it I gave a slight smile, bet, and he folded. LOL!!"

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother.
Very few people write in the chats anymore.
Many times I say hello and hardly anyone answers.
So I choose to say hello, if they congratulate me for a hand I appreciate it, and little else.
Unless there are good friends of CC at the table, then I can establish a dialogue there.
Lately, almost not even my compatriots answer, without a doubt they must have closed the chats due to the insults that we all receive at the time.
A hug brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle: