Broke even once and cracked next day at 9th place

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is why I fly to Vegas lol, I don’t want to play people that are skilled, I just want to play people that think they are good.

I’ll try a third time, if I am out skilled playing or playing with players equally skilled or whatever, what’s the point? I don’t have an ego in poker, I have an interest in money (for other artistic endeavors), which is why I (on data in excel) showed I make about $75 an hr doing so in Las Vegas.
I just don’t care to win in competition in poker, it’s not my thing.
My overall ego is invested in art and writing, not poker. I do love the game though, fun as hell :)

Last edited:
Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Finished 6 in a bounty tourney , paid 1 entry and one rebuy totaling 200 , made 305, tipped 50. I always tip, as should every player IMO.

Tournament lasted 6 and a half hours, placed 6 out of 62. Was up against two sets/trips nearly back to back at FT and busted out shoving QQ on a 772 board and he had the 7. Before that someone had pocket 2’s with a 2 on the flop/board. Dude lol

That’s just how it goes, not sure anyone cares to read this but figured I’d post it anyways. Tourney poker can be a grind. But a great rush :)

Last edited:
Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is one way to share your poker adventures and fun for those of us who don't get out to play live. I'm pretty sure there will be people silently following along. :)

Good luck with the next one!

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Finished 6 in a bounty tourney , paid 1 entry and one rebuy totaling 200 , made 305, tipped 50. I always tip, as should every player IMO.

Tournament lasted 6 and a half hours, placed 6 out of 62. Was up against two sets/trips nearly back to back at FT and busted out shoving QQ on a 772 board and he had the 7. Before that someone had pocket 2’s with a 2 on the flop/board. Dude lol

That’s just how it goes, not sure anyone cares to read this but figured I’d post it anyways. Tourney poker can be a grind. But a great rush :)
Impressive. :)

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Impressive. :)

Thanks, some of the most common hands I see where people make mistakes is playing A10off too aggressively from UTG or UTG+1, people shoving jacks pre flop from any position and people treating AJ like it’s AK lol…AJ can get you in a lot of trouble.
KJ suited looks amazing, but it should be hung on a wall in a frame as Annie Duke says lol.. it’s a hand that should be played, but don’t fall in love with how great it looks, cause it ain’t that pretty at all! Lol

I have laid down jacks many times when I can just feel it, unfortunately I don’t have quite the same courage to muck queens, but I have. Sometimes you just have to lay down kings if you feel someone has aces, one way I feel someone has aces at least from my experience is they immediately bet 5x the BB when they usually limp or raise less, not always but it seems to be one thing I have noticed.

I truly believe that if a player doesn’t have the ability to lay down pairs when it’s the right time, they just won’t cash out or win tournaments…this is just from my experience playing. I’m always learning and if I was successful, I wouldn’t just be breaking even after expenses, but actually making money lol so anything I say should be taken as just a point of view and not necessarily accurate lol

Last edited:
Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks, some of the most common hands I see where people make mistakes is playing A10off too aggressively from UTG or UTG+1, people shoving jacks pre flop from any position and people treating AJ like it’s AK lol…AJ can get you in a lot of trouble.
KJ suited looks amazing, but it should be hung on a wall in a frame as Annie Duke says lol.. it’s a hand that should be played, but don’t fall in love with how great it looks, cause it ain’t that pretty at all! Lol
You're very welcome. :) Like you said about falling in love with a hand what I say to myself as I toss them in is, "They sure are attractive, but there are better fish in the sea." :)