The best strategy against newbie friends

Delafere

Delafere

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
What is the best strategy against newbie friends who only know the rules and play for fun?:cool:

Bazil777

Bazil777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there,

When playing against newbie friends who are only playing for fun and don't have a lot of experience with the game, it's important to remember that the dynamic of the game is different than playing against more experienced opponents.

One strategy that can be effective is to play a more passive style of poker. This means that instead of making big bets and trying to bluff your opponents, you focus on making solid hands and waiting for your opponents to make mistakes. This can be especially effective if your opponents are prone to making errors or playing overly aggressive.

Another strategy is to try to read your opponents and understand their playing style. New players may have predictable patterns or tendencies, such as playing too many hands or being afraid to go all-in. By observing their behavior and playing style, you can tailor your strategy to take advantage of their weaknesses.

It's also important to remember to have fun and not take the game too seriously. Playing poker with friends is a great way to socialize and have a good time, so make sure to enjoy the experience regardless of the outcome.

Overall, the best strategy against newbie friends is to play a patient and observant game, while also keeping in mind that the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the game together.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you play against beginners don't play against them with weak hands, they will call everything and go to the end playing for fun so you should just play with strong hands and get off them when you have a strong hand

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If you sit down at the table for pleasure, you don't need any strategies. Play as your heart tells you. Another thing is if you want to understand the intricacies of the game and start making money in poker rooms or in offline series. Here you have to delve deeper into the concept.Modern poker requires balanced tactics from players.It is important to find the balance of the game and be able to switch speeds. Cash games (cash) are different from MTTs because the blinds don't go up, so you don't have to worry about 10,000 chips turning into 20BB out of 100BB in an hour.Poker is a complex game with simple rules.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think the best strategy is to not play with friends.... if you wish to continue being friends😎

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
just drink some whiskey and join the good times

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
What is the best strategy against newbie friends who only know the rules and play for fun?:cool:
Let it be... They are the variance itself. and therefore . You and I and everyone will have a chance to win. 🤘

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The newbies are probably not going to bluff and will play most hands. When playing against them bluffing is not a good idea. Probably it will be much easier to win a hand with any pair and read them based on the stack of chips put into the pot. On the other hand, I agree with earlier posts, if you want to keep your friends, then play with them only for fun, never for money

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
The few times I played with pokernewbies I won 5/6 times . First only big hands then bluffs frequently.
Newbies are so easy to fool 🤣 I always spent my winnings for alcohol and food for the homegame group . Seemed a bit unfair to keep it all . After I won 4 homegames in a row they stopped inviting me 😅

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't overthink it :) Have fun and bluff.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Don't bluff! They will likely be calling you down with ANY piece of the board.

Value Bet! Value Bet! Value Bet! (& use BIG sizings.. ALWAYS!). Value bet thin. Newbs don't understand relative hand strength.

Oh & did I mention "Don't bluff!"

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Don't bluff! They will likely be calling you down with ANY piece of the board.

Value Bet! Value Bet! Value Bet! (& use BIG sizings.. ALWAYS!). Value bet thin. Newbs don't understand relative hand strength.

Oh & did I mention "Don't bluff!"
Bluffing worked for me after building the Image "I always have it " 🤷🏻‍♂️
But I aggree that bluffing works best with more experienced players cause newbie follow no strategy

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing with recreational/newbies players you dont need to do crazy stuff. Just play honest, with good cards. If you try to bluff they will pay everything, from preflop to showdown. And be careful with all-ins, try not to enter an all-in, coin flip, specially when you dont need it.

L

LOKIE77

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say you should exploit them and take as much of their money as possible unless they will hold grudges and get mad with you as they are your friends and if you want to keep them as friends then you should set a few grounds rules first so you are all entering the game with the same mindset. IE you would take money from your grandmother if she was willing to play with you and pay you offLOL. So here is a couple tips to beat them as it will be much different from playing live.

As they are not as skilled it is important to look for and to exploit weaknesses like do they will bet big with strong hands bet less with weak hands or never fold anything. Exploit this. As per other games play each hand optimally but avoid playing pots with the strong players rather focus on the weaker players. Use the ISO raise, Isolating Fish get them to be your ATM. Don’t Bluff or use Fancy Plays they are probably only thinking about their own two cards. Don’t bluff. They will always call. Just to bet it when you have it. Probably good to play ABC poker to start with until you map out the table. Don’t play every hand. Drop the ego and use normal starting hand ranges to increase your win rate.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play strong hands and let him miss.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
  • Get value from your strong hands, fast play overpairs and made draws
  • Don't try to bluff if they call you on early streets.
  • Make large raises or 3-bets preflop for value over players opening or limping too many hands,
  • Either fold or make large raises to 1 blind bets
  • Play in position as much as possible.
  • Don't berate bad play or get mad at suck outs, just make the game fun for them.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think the best is to have fun, and not to win too much from them, so they go from the game with a good feeling.

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
We were playing for fun but couldn't find any chips or change so we played for smarties. The game ended when the kids ate the smarties.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Friends at the table Hmmmm what a novel idea lol i have heard of friendly conversation at the table but for me it's just the game and what cards i get will they play or not i'll save the friends thing for after the game.

zer0ne

zer0ne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think that probably you don't need a specific strategy against them, just play and have fun, that would notlost for so long if they keep playing :D
I agreed with you 100% .