Did anyone meet pro players in real life?

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not yet), but in the future I think the meeting:) Although in my town one professional player came)

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I have not because I don't play live poker much and I live in a galaxy far away but many here has.

A few days ago one of the active member here played at the Moneymaker Spectacular Event he met Chris and also Jason Somerville.

Hopefully others can share a story with you as well.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I played with quite a few at Foxwoods years ago when they had the WPT $10,000 main events. I didn't buddy up with any of them or act star struck.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have played with quite a few. here are my favorites greg raymer the guy talks to you tells you what he thinks and why he thinks it. i have learned a lot from listening to him. chris moneymaker, he is also a class act very friendly, talkative and generally nice to be around. vanessa rousso she was kind of quiet but she was always getting into your head. i think she was great on big brother where she played that game like a poker game. at the table she was nice and very entertaining. I liked her a lot. now some i didn't like and remember this is only my OPINION. phil hellmuth i actually love the guy as a player but at a table he is all phil hellmuth he has a very big ego, well deserved just didn't learn much from listening to him about him. antinio esfandiari it was a charity event and it seemed to me that he just phoned it in. he was out early and out of there.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I actually meet Jonathan Little. He was a class act and actually talked poker with me for about 5 minutes. I also got to meet Greg Merson at charity event where I was part of a group of 6 to talk poker. He was amazing to talk to. Closest I got to playing against a pro was when Eric Seidel went to sit next to me when the dealer told him he was at the wrong table.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mike the Mouth...he was really quiet and got super pissed off at losing a $9,000 pot at the 5/10. Seemed like a decent guy.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For now I am not, but I hope that I will have the opportunity in the near future because I have improved the game quite a lot and I plan to play a bigger tournament if it is all right. Greeting!

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
went to vegas in 2010 for wsop :) met mike, Elky, Phil h, Annie duke, Joe cada,
norman chad, Dennis Phillips, and Andrew "little big chips" fields.
was a really good time, haven't been anywhere since then :(

mike didn't say a word except ok to picture

Mike the mouth

M

Matteobvb83

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one time in cruise trip i played in 4 or 5 sit and go (10 players) and some cash hands with italian poker pro of Peoples Poker now he was broke i think he play only for fun ...

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I played with quite a few every June in vegas - wsop baby:)

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, never. But I was invited to a home game where was three of ten. With a buy-in of about 200 dollars.
I had to say no...

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, not ahah. I would like to know a player and be able to play and learn to learn live. regards

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played against Michael Mizrachi. He was on my direct left and he blind min-raised my big blind every orbit. This was a few years ago and didn't realize that pros treat these tour events that they are associated with so casually (meaning they are fine with a dozen or so reentrys)

Attachments

• DeepStacks.jpg
    DeepStacks.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 98
Brazilianqueen22

Brazilianqueen22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend was HU with Chris MoneyMaker once at a tournament so I got a picture with him.
I also have a picture with Brazilian Pro Andre Akari

N

NarcisoAlfa

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, with the pokerstars PRO Colombia player Fredy Torres, he is very good at virtual tables and the experience helps him play a lot in live events. I hope with time to be much better than him.

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played against the guy who always yells "I AM THE PROFESSIONAL!" at a Borgata Winter series tournament. He was on ESPN a couple of episodes, and was super annoying to play with.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played against the guy who always yells "I AM THE PROFESSIONAL!" at a Borgata Winter series tournament. He was on ESPN a couple of episodes, and was super annoying to play with.

LOL. hahaha must be the most professional player anyone here played with :D would be amused but probably annoyed after a while playing with a guy like that

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Havent met any pro players in real life..yet. But i sure will meet some if one of my poker dreams will come true and i can play in Bahamas. :p

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not yet, but I'm sure it will happen. The only person I would like to have convo with would be Phil Ivey.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I played in the 2018 Colossus and had Chris Moorman sit directly to my left. He played very loose and was KO'd pretty quick.

I have also played with John Cena, the wrestler, at Foxwoods. He sat at my table for a couple of hours and was quiet.

Also played with James Wood at Foxwoods. He was very friendly and talked to everyone who was at the table.

I also rode in the elevator with Barry Greenstein at the Clossus

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have met too many over the years to mention them all. Might be easier to try to mention the ones I have not met - but right now the only 1 I can think of is Phil Helmuth.