$200,000 World Texas Championship III - Final Table - 2/28/2021

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So, my friend that I met from AC that I talk poker with all the time plays here at The Lodge in Round Rock, just outside of Austin..It looks like a great place, and wow what a live tourney!

I am very certain it is a great place to play for a lot of reasons, pretty excited to check it out soon.

Not sure when I will play live again, but this place looks perfect for live games around Austin (When your in Round Rock, things are ran very professionally)

64k is not a bad payout just outside of Austin! :)

Last edited:
Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow, 6 hours. I'll have to watch this one in pieces. Thanks for sharing :icon_sunn

M

mxylpic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been watching the replay of their livestream on Youtube. The hosts are pretty darn good and the poker room looks great.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live poker is reborn from the ashes like a phoenix bird. I couldn't get through 6 hours of watching the video and at some point I rewound closer to the hands up. This live hands up is even more unpredictable than online poker.:shot:

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can i ask some guides on how to win this games? Maybe it is too much to ask but I believe that there is some ways to get a win in the long run. I believe that there are more problems out there but this is an easy way to come up with a instant cash and there is very little chance to win though.

Poker is a game that is very complicated, but appears to be easy on the surface...I played for many years online (not taking the game serious) and thought I was good, the reality is it is best to learn a solid foundation from pros and then even more advanced foundation from pros that offer coaching if you want to make money at this game, especially in 2021. This is my theory, as I have not played live recently.. I cannot really talk from experience. The reality from my experience is there is a LOT of information out there, I have read many many books, watched many videos, studied many players... and in all reality, if I had to go back in time and start from scratch..I would take the AWESOME 30 day course here that is FREE, and then start to advance to learning from a poker coach like Johnathan Little (who touches on topics like GTO charts etc). Nothing will make you a better player overall than constant experience (as Maria Ho has said in the podcast here) and I believe she is 100% right. I know all kinds of things about poker, but will my knowledge make me a good player? Doubtful. It takes learning from the people that know what they are doing, that are constant winners and then using practical application on a constant basis.

IMO it is not how much you study, it is who you study from and if you put in the work "correctly" to maximize results. This is just my opinion, and if I could go back in time I would of really only focused on taking the amazing course here, and then invest my time further in learning from pros such as Johnathan Little that touch on GTO full on and other coaches that he would recommend if looking to go full pro.

I am just a recreational player, but I am honest in my views..and I can tell you, don't waste a ton of time learning the game. Learn the game from who the ones that have mastered the game that truly want to help you be a better player.

I also do not think online poker is anywhere near the same as live poker...so In that, I say do not think that if you lose at online poker you would not play well live. You will find they are worlds apart. If you put in the work, write down what you need to work on and ASK any question you have, you will be successful at this game over others in the long run.

https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

Last edited: