Where should i start ?

M

mkfpoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Uhm so yeah a bit of a backstory i was playing poker live for around 4 years and have been crushing , my strategy was very agressive ( a lot of three barelling and over folding to agression) and i was playing a very exploitative playstyle with little to no mathematical theory , when i transitioned to online poker i desposited 30 dollar ( living in 3rd world country so dont judge ) ran it up to 100 dollar then started some horrible bank roll management and playing nl 5-nl10 so eventually i went broke . now i am constantly playing freerolls to learn the theory aspect of the game and trying to apply it . So i was wondering knowing my background , what do you think should i start with , should i learn preflop ranges by heart , best resources to understand postflop theory , how exactly should i study , should i be learning spot by spot or should i understand just basic c-bets and playing draws ? Was hoping anyone will give me advice to get me in the right direction .

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should start with what you have described separately. Working carefully every aspect of the game. Having played 10,000 hands, you should analyze your game for errors and deviations from the game plan. After that, you need to hire a coach to analyze your game more thoroughly.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Press the Reset Button

Uhm so yeah a bit of a backstory i was playing poker live for around 4 years and have been crushing , my strategy was very agressive ( a lot of three barelling and over folding to agression) and i was playing a very exploitative playstyle with little to no mathematical theory , when i transitioned to online poker i desposited 30 dollar ( living in 3rd world country so dont judge ) ran it up to 100 dollar then started some horrible bank roll management and playing nl 5-nl10 so eventually i went broke . now i am constantly playing freerolls to learn the theory aspect of the game and trying to apply it . So i was wondering knowing my background , what do you think should i start with , should i learn preflop ranges by heart , best resources to understand postflop theory , how exactly should i study , should i be learning spot by spot or should i understand just basic c-bets and playing draws ? Was hoping anyone will give me advice to get me in the right direction .

Speaking from experience here, i have played this game for around 26/27 years now and have recently returned to Cardschat due to the impact of Covid and the sad passing of my mother to Cancer - returning was the best thing i ever did and one of the immediate actions i have taken is to forget what i thought i knew about this beautiful game and reset.

When i say reset, i mean revisiting the basics, i completed the 30 day poker course on here and have started reading my old theory books whilst making sure i participate in a healthy number of freerolls, i am now reaping the benefits of that and starting to build a healthy bankroll across several platforms.
I would suggest you take a further look at the poker tools on here and the 30 day course if you have not done so already - sometimes to move forward, we have to accept we dont have the answers or are as good as we think we are - thats my philosophy anyway!

Good Luck and i wish you well - i enjoyed your post. (Links below).

https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php

https://www.cardschat.com/poker-tools.php

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You have to start by the simple and cheaper games like Freerolls, Allin or fold, fifty, Spin&Go 0,25, Sit&Go 0,50 and NL2. But you have to choose simple strategies and study them up to be very good.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The final table for tournaments.
River for the hand.
I want to go that way, but it's quite difficult.