When you just lose and lose

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea this happens time to time man. Especially in large field mtts I've gone like 100+ without a final table before. If it gets too much take a break from playing like I have a few times.

But I recommend you continue to study and learn the game. Once your ready to come back and play you will be a little bit better then before.

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it happens, I had one day in general, I did not win a single Allin, but I had AA and KK

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

after a long series of losses Rest and rest again. Learning also helps a lot YES

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If i lose i must ask by myself. Was it my bad play or just bad run out and i had geh higher percentage for win. If it was the right decision im trying to be fine with the decision, because in the long run im on The good side of the Chips. If it was wrong i try to reflect my play an make it better in the Future.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is impossible to win every day so we have to accept to lose sometimes.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
When u think u always loosing and catching all the badbeats, than the best thing is to have a break ;)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is a streaky game for sure. There is also not much you can do about it. We need to remember certain things to get through these time. They will turn as the math shows. . We all remember the days we dont cash for 20 or 30 straight tournaments. Wee also remember losing 10 straight flips in a row. Aces cracked 4 or 5 time yep we remember them to.

What we forget is the tournament we got in in AQo vs Aks and won all 3 times. Our little pocket pairs cracked Aces twice and kings twice in the same tournament. On these days we get a win but many times may not think about how lucky we were that day. We rarely remember when in a 5 tournament span we win 2 and and finish 3rd and 4th in other ones as the 5 is a min cash.

We need to remember Variance does go both ways. We need to remember that cashing is great but you only cash 10 to 15 % of the time. We also need to remember the math. Take a common flip We get mad is we love 3 or 4 in a row. Some people will bemoan the bad luck and its unlucky. Do you realize a flip is not always a flip? Ak vs JJ you will win about 45% of the time. Not really a flip is it. Now lets talk about losing 3 in a row. DO you know that you should lose or win 3 all 3 in a row one time in 8 if you look at this situation of 3 hands. 25% of the time you will win or lose all 3 times your in a flip situation. if its 4 time in a row of a flip it should happen one in 16 time. Its just more common that we think or realize. Just like that Aqo i mentioned above beating Aks. While he was unlucky it actually will happen 1 in 4 time.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best thing is take a break. The game should not overlap with the other aspects of life.
Losing is part of any sport. Be patient and study to help improve your game.

A

adjacentcape1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There isn't any advice that you can really give to make sure that you win with kings 100%, but the real problem is usually just tilting after losing to a bad hand. To prevent tilting, just acknowledging the fact that bad beats will happen is enough to help change your mindset.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Simple terms..yes. don't go all in unless you can't be beat, and preflop is a gamble to push others out, its tough to do but nothing is certain. Its a numbers type game and after you calculate all, then luck comes in and ruins it..lol. I can put it this way,yr 1 away from winning a million,if you get pocket aces with no diamond, and there 4 diamonds on the board, and I all in, are you gonna call,prob not because u know you might lose. You can call an all in usually if yo have more chips than the other without risks of getting knocked out. Good luck.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, I'm on a six month losing streak at the moment. Always playing with the same players, so I'm changing my game around and doing better, but still not making the money.

mardi1987

mardi1987

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Hey cardschat fam!
So recently I’ve just been playing a bunch of tournaments and playing very well.... but sometimes i just feel that bad luck gets the best of me and for the last few days I’ve just been loosing all in with like KK’s and they might have something like AJ or 77’s and always hit there cards!! Any playing advice to avoid this from happening all the time?
I went back to poker after a long break. For the first two weeks, I had over 70% ITM. Then what you wrote happens in the next 3 weeks. I played very well preflop only QQ + but I just couldn't win. Even in the post flop as a big favorite I lost. But it all soon fell into place. I even learned a few things from it

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey cardschat fam!
So recently I’ve just been playing a bunch of tournaments and playing very well.... but sometimes i just feel that bad luck gets the best of me and for the last few days I’ve just been loosing all in with like KK’s and they might have something like AJ or 77’s and always hit there cards!! Any playing advice to avoid this from happening all the time?
In the short term, the variance is gigantic, there is no way to change that much, just understand.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Time for a little break ..if you’re doing things right and it’s just not working it happens ..but stop reevaluate if it’s yours day or style off that day or if it’s just bad boards and beats

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From a psychological way its very tough,because we as humans as soon as we start to lose,we start making irrational moves that drag us even deeper down.My advice is to cool your head off for a week,maybe even two,and start playing lightly and move yourr way up.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
From a psychological way its very tough,because we as humans as soon as we start to lose,we start making irrational moves that drag us even deeper down.My advice is to cool your head off for a week,maybe even two,and start playing lightly and move yourr way up.
Great advice, it helped me personally many times. It also helps to change the poker room, but most importantly, you need positive emotions.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yea this happens time to time man. Especially in large field mtts I've gone like 100+ without a final table before. If it gets too much take a break from playing like I have a few times.

I don't mind the variance, there is no way out of that, what is really annoying is the clown who sucks out when a 90% + underdog.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's true. Sometimes we gotta take some gambles to help us build a big stack so that bad beats later on doesn't knock us out.

I play tight and while that helps me go into the middle or late stages, I am often in a spot where if my heavy-favorite hand does not hold up once (and usually it's no better than a 75% shot) I am out.

I haven't won many tournaments, but in every single one that I have won, I have won at least one key hand despite making a bad read or getting in bad. I have never won anything when I got into every big pot as the fav. Always I hit a snag and lose.

Just can't win without some good luck.

good tournament players will almost always exit the tournament on a bad beat hand or a cooler.

the reason is, good players rarely get their chips in bad, and when you get your chips in the middle with a better hand than your opponent, you've done your job.

but that's no guarantee of anything. If you get all in preflop with Aces against your opponent who has Kings, you are an 81% favorite to win the hand... but that means 1 time out of every 5 times this situation happens, you will lose. 4 times you'll win but the one time you lose is the one you'll remember, because it's likely in a spot where you get knocked out of the tournament. Or a hand like 66 which you flopped a set and got all in again somebody with a QQ overpair to the board... and the river comes the Q to knock you out. This stuff happens, over and over again. It's the nature of a tournament player's life. LOL

We're looking for those rare few occasions when these hands DON'T happen to us. Maybe you get more aggressive and steal more blinds, which means you have a bigger stack to absorb these crushing beats. That's one way to try and overcome it. But it's gonna happen, and the biggest help a poker player can give themselves is the ability to laugh it off and shrug it off, even when it keeps happening over and over. Hopefully you DO win a tournament every so often, because that little bit of success is enough to carry us all thru the dark days when we can't seem to win anything. The phrase I always use is almost a religious one - "Keep the faith". Mindset is important in this game, if you let it crush your soul, it will... so don't let it!!

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You said everything by: when I go all in all the time they cone up with....
texas holdem is not all in and if you play that way.... try another sport
(I don't do all in until I am ready to say goodbye to tournament)
or you play too much ticket freerolls at pokerstsars.... 😀

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You need to take a short break and the card will go.:deal:

Y

yago541

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a bad period but with study and perseverance you managed to win

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As already stated, study and practice are really the way to go. Although sometimes you will have downswings, study does help.

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to lose games belongs to poker, but if you hold on rules and not tilt you will be successful