When you just lose and lose

F

FadedFamous

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey cardschat fam!
So recently I’ve just been playing a bunch of tournaments and playing very well.... but sometimes i just feel that bad luck gets the best of me and for the last few days I’ve just been loosing all in with like KK’s and they might have something like AJ or 77’s and always hit there cards!! Any playing advice to avoid this from happening all the time?

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, losing is an integral part of this game

W

Well Enuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...bad luck gets the best of me and for the last few days I’ve just been loosing all in with like KK’s and they might have something like AJ or 77’s and always hit there cards!! Any playing advice to avoid this from happening all the time?
If you play often you will have bad streaks. If you play well enuff your winnings will carry you thru those streaks.

If you don't make money in the long run, learn to play better. You can always improve.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not give up not even defeated one of these days luck will be on your side and it will surprise you, whatever it has to be it will be, it happens to all of us, it is very likely that the statistics are correct, there are few who win. At some point you will have your minute of fame

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We all have ruined days, I already had several and it makes me very angry when you lose for example with an AA or KK for example, a set, or for two pairs.
More always get days like this, what I do is take a break and continue the next day live, or after a couple of hours online.
So I start with a cool head and manage to continue my game.

Good luck at the table friends ..

M

moneyWYNN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know how you feel

Yeah, I've been beat with kk and aa. Tonight I was runner runner beat with 66 against 44 on a wheel. It's a roller coaster week to week. I'd play more but work has me whipped.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
sad to say it's unavoidable,

if you are running bad, time to binge on netflix for the day

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
honestly, if you play mtts, get used to losing. that's just the reality of mtts and you aren't alone in this. even pro players only make the money 10-20% of time, so they are busting out of 80-90/100 mtts they play.

but don't get discouraged, though. profiting from mtts isn't from cashing in a lot of games. the focus is on running deep and making top 3 in those 10-20/100 mtts you do cash in. that's where the profit comes from and that's how great players do well. going further, lets say you play $1 mtts. does it matter if you lose $90 worth of buy-ins every 100 mtts when, in the 10 mtts you do cash in, you win 1 mtt for $250? you're still making a profit even though you busted out of 90 mtts in the process.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Attitude..

Any tournament playing it out, just to have heartbreak at the end, that's part of the game.
Today, I played in MTT, had a good early run, and at the very end, no cards; I am the bubble boy, the last person out; no money.
I could tilt, but that doesn't add any value. I played good enough, but didn't get the cards at the end, so not today, no need to worry about it, on to the next game.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hey cardschat fam!
So recently I’ve just been playing a bunch of tournaments and playing very well.... but sometimes i just feel that bad luck gets the best of me and for the last few days I’ve just been loosing all in with like KK’s and they might have something like AJ or 77’s and always hit there cards!! Any playing advice to avoid this from happening all the time?
loss is inevitable, you cannot win all the time, if you feel that you are very unlucky, take a break, take a break from the game, the main thing is not to fall into despair

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good tournament players will almost always exit the tournament on a bad beat hand or a cooler.

the reason is, good players rarely get their chips in bad, and when you get your chips in the middle with a better hand than your opponent, you've done your job.

but that's no guarantee of anything. If you get all in preflop with Aces against your opponent who has Kings, you are an 81% favorite to win the hand... but that means 1 time out of every 5 times this situation happens, you will lose. 4 times you'll win but the one time you lose is the one you'll remember, because it's likely in a spot where you get knocked out of the tournament. Or a hand like 66 which you flopped a set and got all in again somebody with a QQ overpair to the board... and the river comes the Q to knock you out. This stuff happens, over and over again. It's the nature of a tournament player's life. LOL

We're looking for those rare few occasions when these hands DON'T happen to us. Maybe you get more aggressive and steal more blinds, which means you have a bigger stack to absorb these crushing beats. That's one way to try and overcome it. But it's gonna happen, and the biggest help a poker player can give themselves is the ability to laugh it off and shrug it off, even when it keeps happening over and over. Hopefully you DO win a tournament every so often, because that little bit of success is enough to carry us all thru the dark days when we can't seem to win anything. The phrase I always use is almost a religious one - "Keep the faith". Mindset is important in this game, if you let it crush your soul, it will... so don't let it!!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you forced your opponent to call with the worst odds, then you did everything right. Luck doesn't depend on us. Some players are willing to take more risks at your table. They will lose much more often than they will win. Therefore, you must continue to play your strategy and put your opponent at risk on the edge of the abyss. Luck is not infinite.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Get used to it

Hey cardschat fam!

I wish my downswings only lasted a few days!
In MTT's you need to get used to losing a lot more than you win. In most online tourneys the pay outs normally start around the top 15%, so an average player should expect to lose 85% of the MTT's they enter. If you're getting it all in pre-flop with KK against AJo - great! This means that you're getting the chips in the middle with around 71% equity. Bad news is that still means that 29 times out of 100, you're going to get outdrawn. Against 77 you're an 80% favourite, but you're still going to lose 20 times out of 100. Aces and Kings are not invincible. If they were, everyone would just wait for them all the time and get it all in. Then poker wouldn't be the game we know and love and no one would ever play it.

Embrace the variance. Know you got it in good and move on.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The only effective advice is to take a break and not waste time, money and nerves. It always helps.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I usually have 3 good days a month and 27 days of losing. You have to decide whether it is worth playing if you are only going to have good days playing poker 1/10th of the time. Set an amount that you will allow yourself for entertainment and stop when you lose that much.

I have enough in winnings now that my rule is I will not deposit to a site unless it is using winnings from another poker site.

Cardschat offers freerolls 7 days a week to get you back in the game. Use these to get your bankroll back above $0

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the long run, you'll get results from doing the right moves... Don't give up!

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As they say:

If the first time it didn’t work out, then probably parachute sport is not for you!

But seriously, everyone has periods, and here either you need to change the game, or just survive such a strip.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey cardschat fam!
Mathematically we WILL lose with KK sometimes. In fact, if you are heads up then you will win with KK about 80% and lose about 20%. That means 1 in 5 times your KK will lose. Embrace the variance and play through it.

Learn to fold when you have the worst hands OR when the math doesn't make sense. Unless you are getting it all in the middle PRE-flop, then you can study and learn how to play these hands better post flop.

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im playing and playing till lose everything

D

dima08191

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very often there are periods of losses ... As soon as such a period begins, I just pause in games... For a couple of days... and then there's a series of wins that more often overrides the loss

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is just a pair.

Hey cardschat fam!

Trust me your not the only one. Im not smart or anything but this is how i see it. If your playing a lot like everday or every week then you gotta think what is your usual equity. KK all in pre any other hand no matter what it is will have a 20 percent chance to beat you. And anyone who knows Basic Statistics knows that you cant choose when your equity will hold its just an educated guess. In poker you only have a limited amount of info and you make the best decision you can in the moment with that info. Seriously it Took me almost 100 tourneys before i won 1. The point in poker is not to always win its to make profitable plays. Are you playing long term or short term. Seems like a lotta players play for the short term but you will find that the long game makes profit and only circumstance breads heroes.

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

poker gambling no rules the wheel of fortune spins one day you are lucky another day someone else:deal: