When Should You Take a Break From Poker?

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community! That regard me, when I'm play stability and consistently, I have a more good form
with comparing that, when I'm play after a break, because in this occasion my brains at the beginning to remember the acquired
Poker Skills, and on this waste some time, and that is not always a good for me, because in this case I'm often losing part my bankroll...
Conclusion: therefore for me is better to play not a few and not many, but stability and consistently without big breaks...:cool:

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon everyone.
When you leave a poker session.
In my opinion if your goal is to live poker, you should treat it like a job, with time to start and end.
I am much more aware of when I should stop a session, I am dedicating myself more to the cash game, it is much easier to profit than the Mtts.
I play for 45 minutes and stop for 5 to 10 minutes.
How to program in poker is one of the factors that help you to be profitable in poker, that is my opinion.
No, when poker fatigue has accumulated, it doesn't matter whether you take a 10-minute break or not. You don't have to force yourself to sit down at the poker table at all.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community! That regard me, when I'm play stability and consistently, I have a more good form
with comparing that, when I'm play after a break, because in this occasion my brains at the beginning to remember the acquired
Poker Skills, and on this waste some time, and that is not always a good for me, because in this case I'm often losing part my bankroll...
Conclusion: therefore for me is better to play not a few and not many, but stability and consistently without big breaks...:cool:
About hi, you so much just wrote, that perhaps and himself not understood more 75%% that wanted to say)) If you takoyprofi the why on this site play in poker). That's how you do it.... let's play in a week's time in a hand-up at the minimum bid???

D

derpaderp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for mental stimulation, excitement, and passion for learning something new. When I start feeling I'm not getting any of those things, I'll take a break. Already did it once when I was just too obsessed and stressed. Now I'm ready again.

Listen to your body and mind. If you're asking the question, you're probably already thinking you need a break.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About hi, you so much just wrote, that perhaps and himself not understood more 75%% that wanted to say)) If you takoyprofi the why on this site play in poker). That's how you do it.... let's play in a week's time in a hand-up at the minimum bid???

Hello, poliaris747! I'm great understand, that wrote. If You not understood: :confused: these are your problems...:rolleyes:
Poker, as famous, is dispersion game, and Everyone, who plays in Poker, early or lately lose part your bankroll, or all bankroll...
And if I wrote, that I lose part bankroll, this means only one: this is my minimal lost by possibility, because I'm play by bankroll.
Simply I play further and cover this lost: I mean I play in plus. That's all!
P. S. Every sitizen has his opinion which is more correct.;)

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for mental stimulation, excitement, and passion for learning something new. When I start feeling I'm not getting any of those things, I'll take a break. Already did it once when I was just too obsessed and stressed. Now I'm ready again.

Listen to your body and mind. If you're asking the question, you're probably already thinking you need a break.
Yes, the most important thing is that you understand why you play poker.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaking bad.

I believe that players should stop playing when they're no longer interested in playing the game. if the game is frustrating you, take a break. come back when you feel like playing again just don't let it frustrated. if you can't have fun playing poker the odds are against you

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that players should stop playing when they're no longer interested in playing the game. if the game is frustrating you, take a break. come back when you feel like playing again just don't let it frustrated. if you can't have fun playing poker the odds are against you
That's right, this game doesn't just upset me, it just pisses me off. Only if it makes you happy and brings joy is worth playing.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time to take a break from poker is when its no longer fun, if you only when your not frustrated,angry or depressed jeez you might never play:icon_rabb
No, I'm not ready to give up poker completely yet, just a long break, but what period of time is needed for this break?

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's not when to take breaks it's how to set limits and goals. Don't force yoursefl to play sessions when you dont want to play just to hit say 100k hands per month. If your mind doesn't feel right to play dont play and just try and keep a fresh mind for playing. After all playing poker is meant to be enjoyable not a chore.
Yes, most people on our site do not play professionally and the game is not the main means of earning a living, we come to have fun, and if the game does not give us a positive, it's time to relax and come here when you want.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Rest is needed everywhere and in everything, and if you feel that you are tired of the game, it does not give you the necessary adrenaline, take a break, get distracted.

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
After losing 3 times with AA in one tournament. I always take a 1 week break after that... Renew the luck. :D

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes have quite long breaks in the game. Sometimes I don't even play for a year, but I always return to the game because I love it

walkkking

walkkking

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you too sad , and lose too much money. And i know , the too much is relative , but if you feel anxiety you need take little bit break.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After losing several games and "knowing" that the next game you play will just be "pure gambling", definitely take a break. Get up, have something to eat or drink, walk your dogs, watch a TV show or movie. When you're mind is "reset" back to where it was when you first started your session, try again.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rest is needed everywhere and in everything, and if you feel that you are tired of the game, it does not give you the necessary adrenaline, take a break, get distracted.
Oh, about the adrenaline, it's just too much, you just need a good rest, just rest.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You take a break when you are bored with the game, or unable to make sound decisions.

Nanoldb

Nanoldb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that you only have to play when you feel motivated and with the necessary time, taking the breaks that you think necessary

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you feel you can't wait for a game to finish so you can take a break you most likely should not have been playing that game in the first place! I like the breaks ever hour gives me time to get more beer. lol

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Less than 20 minutes from first post and here is another confirmation of my theory about the necessity of rest in poker is when the whole game is against you!https://www.boomplayer.com/29551473_98F37AE7C3
I take a break when I feel emotional. And often these are our mistakes. For example, in this case. You raised more than the pot, but the opponent re -raised. It was necessary to think about the opponent's cards , but instead you immediately put all-in without hesitation.

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play every day, the break should be made after a few hours of play, because by that time your concentration will drop and you do not play like you did when you started ... if you cannot endure those few hours then as soon as you feel mild tiredness, quit the game , although it is difficult, but it must be disciplined and patient :)

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play every day, the break should be made after a few hours of play, because by that time your concentration will drop and you do not play like you did when you started ... if you cannot endure those few hours then as soon as you feel mild tiredness, quit the game , although it is difficult, but it must be disciplined and patient :)
The most important thing is patience and discipline, I understand this, but it is so difficult to implement it in the game.

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
study more the game is do not give up only win in poker who is persistent

Thats the true

In respect the post ask
You must take a break when you do not REALLY want to play, when you are bored.

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
When you lose a lot of money at cash games ,you must stop playing poker,in my opinion