When Should You Take a Break From Poker?

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was forced to take a break from poker when fate cruelly turned on me. I take poker more seriously now.

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
well sometimes u need a break from poker , doing same thing evrey day will get borring , also u get tired and non interested . it happened to me many times . A break is allways wellcomed

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well sometimes u need a break from poker , doing same thing evrey day will get borring , also u get tired and non interested . it happened to me many times . A break is allways wellcomed
When should I take a break and for what time? This can sometimes periv necessary for a year or more?

S

shebandowan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
breaks

My preference is to never take breaks unless a full tilt situation occurs then only briefly

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a good idea to take a break whenever you take a bad beat like losing with AA to something silly like AQ hitting 2 Queens or something like that. It may be a good idea to take a break every 2 hours or so

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My preference is to never take breaks unless a full tilt situation occurs then only briefly
You are very happy, you do not get bored of poker even when it began a long and baking series of offensive losses.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My recommendation is that you do not give up. Take this as a challenge and go in search of more knowledge.
If you give up on something, you are indirectly giving up on yourself!

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My recommendation is that you do not give up. Take this as a challenge and go in search of more knowledge.
If you give up on something, you are indirectly giving up on yourself!
Beautiful and excellent point, but how hard it is to bring it to life.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was forced to take a break from poker when fate cruelly turned on me. I take poker more seriously now.
And I had a difficult period of life, when I was sick and was indoors for six months, then poker was my main occupation, I played a day for 14 hours or more, then my level increased. But now I'm probably out of this constant rhythm of the game, tired.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i take off poker YESTERDAY after 2 str8 weeks that im up 450.00 to sleep rest etc.. i played 3 games a 1st 3nd 5th total :) very happy won a ticket in one no money in one and 22 for the the second up 15-16 bucks for day won 10 more sitting at a table and was over stat on tables but that is only one im sure of... so 3 tables came out a few bucka ahead... before that came back slowly 3 weeks ago I took off 8 full months basically....i think if your do treat your life as a job poker you MUST take off time recharge batteries and HUNGER .... Best advice is by danny boy negreanu saying have a full life in and out of poker and play for fun of it and you will succeed. I think that is great advice for all of us:)

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i take off poker YESTERDAY after 2 str8 weeks that im up 450.00 to sleep rest etc.. i played 3 games a 1st 3nd 5th total :) very happy won a ticket in one no money in one and 22 for the the second up 15-16 bucks for day won 10 more sitting at a table and was over stat on tables but that is only one im sure of... so 3 tables came out a few bucka ahead... before that came back slowly 3 weeks ago I took off 8 full months basically....i think if your do treat your life as a job poker you MUST take off time recharge batteries and HUNGER .... Best advice is by danny boy negreanu saying have a full life in and out of poker and play for fun of it and you will succeed. I think that is great advice for all of us:)
Yes a great suggestion about recharging the battery, but in my case it is necessary to consider the option of installing new batteries. ))):confused::confused::confused:

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anytime you feel tired or bored, stressed, pressure, quit the tables and take a rest.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anytime you feel tired or bored, stressed, pressure, quit the tables and take a rest.
I even believe that if there are even the slightest signs of the reasons you listed, you do not even need to approach the poker table.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a good idea to take a break whenever you take a bad beat like losing with AA to something silly like AQ hitting 2 Queens or something like that. It may be a good idea to take a break every 2 hours or so
Make a break for 2 hours, I do not think that this is a good idea, if it is a single loss in one hand then you need to continue. But if it started a streak of failures, then today you need to leave, and maybe for a longer period of time.:confused:

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take a break from poker every time I take consecutive bad beats. the problem is not losing money but losing patience, this is hard to recover

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take a break from poker every time I take consecutive bad beats. the problem is not losing money but losing patience, this is hard to recover
Yes, the hardest thing is not the loss of money, the main thing is to cope with emotions.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need to decide for yourself - for you this is a job that should bring money, or a hobby, a nice bonus-money. As long as I treat myself as a hobby, it just takes a lot of time

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to decide for yourself - for you this is a job that should bring money, or a hobby, a nice bonus-money. As long as I treat myself as a hobby, it just takes a lot of time
I really look at things, poker I can not do the main work that could feed me and my family, but the game itself gives rest and pleasure, the main thing is to stop in time.

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone is different, but you know it's time when...

I think it depends on the person, but you should definitely take a break when you start thinking that the games are rigged, angry all the time and just overall obsessing over every hand you lost with.

For me, I am starting to think that I can play poker well 2 days in a row. If I do really well one day, the next day is shit for me. While I am aware of this, I haven't adjusted my frequency of play. However, I have started taking a break for days at a time to get something in my brain other than poker. It allows me to come to the table fresh and ready to play!

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on the person, but you should definitely take a break when you start thinking that the games are rigged, angry all the time and just overall obsessing over every hand you lost with.

For me, I am starting to think that I can play poker well 2 days in a row. If I do really well one day, the next day is shit for me. While I am aware of this, I haven't adjusted my frequency of play. However, I have started taking a break for days at a time to get something in my brain other than poker. It allows me to come to the table fresh and ready to play!
Otlinoe decision, come in a couple of days fully prepared for the game. But, maybe you need to take a longer break?

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When should you take a break from poker?

Good afternoon everyone.
When you leave a poker session.
In my opinion if your goal is to live poker, you should treat it like a job, with time to start and end.
I am much more aware of when I should stop a session, I am dedicating myself more to the cash game, it is much easier to profit than the Mtts.
I play for 45 minutes and stop for 5 to 10 minutes.
How to program in poker is one of the factors that help you to be profitable in poker, that is my opinion.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes poker is very exhausting, especially if you play 8-9 hours a day. The best way to regain strength is to rest from the game, but how many days to rest from the game is everyone's business. Once I rested from the game for half a year and thought that I would never play again but then still started playing again.